1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Missing Stats

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by TLDTrader.com, Jun 29, 2004.

I check stats of my site daily using Awestats. On June 27, all values are "0". I emailed support and they said that there were probably no hits or visits for that day :)

I told them that would be impossible. I visit the site several times a day and my visits should have been recorded. I'm on a dynamic IP. They said they don't know what caused the problem and would try to deal with it in the future :)

Stats finally showed up for June 28 and 29.

What could've gone wrong? Thanks.

TLDTrader.com, Jun 29, 2004 IP
  2. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    The log files on the server got to be too big and weren't rotated, which caused log parsers get stuck. It's an easy fix.

flawebworks, Jun 30, 2004 IP
  3. TLDTrader.com

TLDTrader.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Makes sense to me.

What irks me is the fact that my host couldn't give me an explanation. Other than the lame excuse that I didn't receive any visits or hits that day. Which is a total lie I know :)

Thanks a lot.

TLDTrader.com, Jun 30, 2004 IP
  4. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    It's because the person you were talking to didn't know. Most likely; after they talked to you they realized they had other people with the same issue and the problem went to a system admin who knew what the problem was, and could fix it.

flawebworks, Jun 30, 2004 IP
  5. TLDTrader.com

TLDTrader.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, the moment I got the reply that "Your site didn't receive any hits for that day" I knew the person at the other end couldn't solve my problem :)

But they could've at least sent communication regarding what the problem really was. It will make the impression that they really tried to pinpoint and remedy the problem.

Many thanks to you.

Regards.

TLDTrader.com, Jun 30, 2004 IP