1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Miss-spellings and AdSense - Dodgy?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by GADOOD, Jan 25, 2006.

Is anyone under the belief that creating a page around a miss-spelt keyword and placing AdSense on it is a little bit dodgy?

Pete

GADOOD, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  2. GetWebHost

GetWebHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm just wondering why do you want to create a misspelled keywords :)

Then if you have misspelled keywords, do relevant ads still show on your page?

GetWebHost, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  3. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Correct ads will display as this particular one is more of a miss-spelt phrase, with the main word spelt correctly.

I just came across one in WordTracker and given the estimated traffic/day, extreme lack of competition and sky-high KEI it would be a shame to let it go.

I think I'll give it a whirl.. I imagine the AdSense team would request I take the ads off if the worst came to worst. I just wondered if anyone else has done this that could shed any light on it.

Pete

GADOOD, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  4. jcfinc

jcfinc Guest

Best Answers:
    For PPC keywords the more variations of a keyword the better, but for actual website content I believe common misspellings are completely acceptable. A good example of this would be the keywords, "Mobile Home", but a large percentage of the population believe that it is spelled, "Mobil Home", "Mobiel Home" & "Moble Home".

So by creating a page directed at the Mobile Home Catagory using a common misspelling, is the general public better off and I think the answer is yes. I personally use some minor misspellings in my actual content, but I note in my content (sic) after the misspelled keyword.

Type the keyword, "Mobil Home" into any search engine and my listing will appear first. If you open the page you will see that I have denoted it as a common misspelling.

Jack

jcfinc, Jan 26, 2006 IP