1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Misohoni, Soccer, Japanese Tshirts and Hong Kong - Forum for Review

Discussion in 'Websites' started by misohoni, Mar 30, 2004.

I've been around SEO tools for ages (DC, META...you name it), hoping my site passes your requirements.

Misohoni - Forums

Cheers

misohoni, Mar 30, 2004 IP
  2. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone? Perhaps I passed then! haha

misohoni, Apr 4, 2004 IP
  3. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i start at
    http://www.misohoni.com/

and lazy as i am - i do it the lynx way - just like Google recommends at

http://www.google.com/webmasters/guidelines.html

and i see that many of your links have apparently no real anchor text but
    just GIF names like
    [miso_3.gif]
    [miso_5.gif]
    [miso_7.gif]
    a quick look in Mozilla ( NS ) source of pages shows that the case
    and no alt text on all the GIFs i see at first glance
    hence

you loose keyword exposure and SEO efficiency ..

then
    for example the many gif on top of page like ...
    [spacer.gif] [spacer.gif] [spacer.gif] [spacer.gif] [spacer.gif]
    [spacer.gif] [spacer.gif]
    [miso_1.gif] [spacer.gif] .......... and many others after

have no alt tag either

if you have than many gif - then you can use them all with alt tag and a relevant keyword inside ...

a brief look at

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.misohoni.com

shows

This page is not Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional!

but some people feel that this is totally obsolete to make clean html code - myself however i am oldfashioned
    and belief it always pays off to start clean web design at the very basic. it appears to me more difficult to build a
    successful expanding and growing site on a dump hill - but a solid basement leaves open end for any growth.

up to you what you like !

it seems you do the editing with 2 different generators
    part of it looks like html4 or 4.01 and other part XHTML

like half girl half boy in one body ..

!!

in lynx - quick look only - i can NOT see any anchor text "Forum" ..

so now we go to
    http://www.misohoni.com/forums/

same applies in all a.m. points re w3c, alt, ... etc !

re
    Google ads

HKG is huge city ( i live jus text door PH and go to HKG once or twice a year ( VISA requirements for foreigners in PH ! )

i think for such a huge city - and since you have so nicely free space on the far right of all pages -
    you could as well use a vertical ad wit 4 or 5 ads to give more exposure to various HKG business and
    to have more revenue as well.

when i first came to HKG 2001 - i went there to buy a laptop - and before i went there i surfed www, google etc
    ( now i never do such again re HKG - it appears to me that HKG sites and business do NOT like nice www exposure at all
    its hard to find any useful information - that's my experience when i search for very specific electronic suppliers
    for PC and accessories !! a year ago )

so ..

why NOT ? a little MORE info about HKG
    in forum
    or content pages

like a little tour / city guide

where to shop for what ..

my experience again - i usually am in shamrock hotel - Kowloon - the only resource yellow pages .. useless,
    hotel receiption .. useless as they have little knowledge, ..

so how i found what i needed if www no real valuable web sites either ...
    i WALKED and took public transportation ..
    shopping that can easily be done in half day at cities like Munich ( DE ) or Zurich ( CH ) ..
    it took me 3 full days to search and find in HKG ... now i recommend to shop in PH as many
    of our prices here are up to 30 % below HKG prices ( almost everything except real PC or laptops - like:
    cell phones for example, but valid for many other items as well ) but please
    keep that secret else we get millions of shoppers coming to metro manila for cheap shopping :)

so what you could offer in your forum - since HKG is typical shopping city - a city map, where to buy what,
    places of interest, ..
    .. how to get around in hkg ( subway, buses, .. ) , ... many topics are possible .. just a thought.

more pics form hkg - its a colorful city with lots of life going on ( rush hrs in hkg has as much life and traffic as
    midnight hrs in manilla .. ) .. its amazingly clean almost like singapore ..
    i expected much worst when i came first time.

i am sure there are plenty of intersting things to write, show or exchange in forum about hongkong ..

in a few months i am due again for my next hongkong trip - may be i have a look again by then to find some info and spend
    some time in actually see the city rather than only spend all for the needed laptops and accessories again.

a link report will be sent by separate email to you - webcheck on a backbone is running and running on your site - may be hanging or looping - since approx 40 mins a really long time for a small site on a back bone i usually can do easily some 5000-10'000 links in a few minutes on my site ..

if you don't get a linkcheck report emailed by later this day ( hk time ) i have killed the webcheck run for looping.

hans, Apr 8, 2004 IP
  4. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Cheers for taking the time with this Hans! I got the report, but it didn't completely go through. I didn't know you are in the Phils!

I worked many years for Gov, so I had to use W3, alt etc., but didn't think all this stuff applied to SEO! I'll go back to it and make it more friendly.

I'll add more stuff about HK also!

Cheers again!

misohoni, Apr 10, 2004 IP