1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Misaligned elements on single post page

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Basita, Apr 17, 2012.

I have been struggling for weeks (literally) with this problem. On the single post page of my Wordpress site (e.g. www.natmd.com/tai-chi-and-parkinsons-disease/) I cannot get the sidebar - and now the post area element also - to align properly. If I manually adjust the borders/margins it causes the elements on the home page and category pages to slip upwards and sideways. I believe this might have happened because I removed the search box and lengthened the space for the submenu, but I cannot see where I may have made a misktake there. I am not experienced with web design (I know, some people would say I shouldn't mess with code then, but I can't help it, I prefer to learn as I go) and I am even having a hard time understanding validation and fixing the errors I find there. Can someone come to the rescue?

Basita, Apr 17, 2012 IP
  2. britton

britton Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If I understand your problem...

Its a css error..

the top box (postarea)

has
    margin: 0px 0px 10px 0px;

and the other boxes (adsense, comments)

have

margin: 0px 0px 10px 10px;