1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mirror sites without content dupe penalty?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by barrow, Jan 30, 2005.

I've been wondering this morning about making mirror sites. Is there any special way of going about making mirror sites and not taking the hit for duplicate content? There has been times when I wanted to make a mirror to alleviate some of the server stress on a site, but ultimately chose to add more bandwidth and upgrade the server instead because I was 'shook' about the duplicate content problem. Is there some special way of going about this, or are legit mirror sites simply a thing of the past.

Thanks,
    Barrow

barrow, Jan 30, 2005 IP
  2. pwaring

pwaring Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whenever I search things on Google, I often find several results pointing to Wikipedia and mirrors of it (or rather sites that scrape the data and then put it into their site template because you can do this under the GNU FDL), so I can't see how duplicate content is penalised that heavily.

pwaring, Jan 30, 2005 IP
  3. vagrant

vagrant Peon

Best Answers:
    i suppose if you wanted to you could just block all robots in robots.txt file if you are worried about dupe content.

vagrant, Jan 30, 2005 IP