1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling miningjobasboard

Discussion in 'Sites' started by fhappy, Sep 1, 2016.

A little about this site first:
    miningjobsboard is a general site, started as an experiment by me to see how it fairs against all the big news and gaming sites publishing about the mining jobs and games and health.

The results were awesome starting from the first day of launching this site a month ago (14th July). As the analytics say, the website has received 21,000+ page views till date.

About earnings, it hasn't performed very well as I haven't actively promoted this site. Though it gained backlinks from a few good sites like Kotaku, an active promotion of this site and generating content on a regular basis can earn you around 2-3x the current revenue from the site.

Looking at the current traffic (30%+ from the US, 12% from Brazil), you can at least grab a minimum of $2 using just Adsense with the Ads placed at the best positions and good RPMs. Talking about using Amazon, if the CTR and Buyer Intent is high, you can earn more than $100/month from this site easily without any considerable efforts put in.

Why are you selling this site?
    I'm a web developer, bloggers, and a student and working on several projects. As I'm busy with them, I can't assign more time to the development of this site. Since this topic is hot now and is estimated to go very well for the next 6 months, regular content generation is necessary to potentially amplify the earnings.

How is it monetized?
    Primarily, Adsense and Amazon. As more and more Pokemon products are being sold on Amazon, it can be used for primary monetization. Adsense is always there as a long term passive income.

Other monetization like Sponsored content from Taboola or Outbrain and BuySellAds can also work very well, but you first need to actively promote the site on social media and get more traffic in the first place to amplify earnings.

How much time does this site take to run?
    As this is a hot topic, you'll need to generate the newest and the best content on the topic on a frequent basis. Spending around 12-15 hours a week (if you're working alone) can do it well.

What challenges are there with running this site?
    The biggest challenge is link building outreach. As there are more and more sites coming out daily, if you have an effective outreach plan with the best content on the topic, you can grab links from the biggest authority sites like polygon, game rant, lifehacker, kotaku, etc.

If you're successful in doing this, you can be sure that the revenue you earn from this site will effectively multiply itself as time passes.

fhappy, Sep 1, 2016 IP