1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Minimum 3 Likes To Post In Bst Rule

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Mac Solutions, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Jesse27

Jesse27 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not really, if you spam you will get banned. ;) Unless he/she have contributed a post that may be useful to others to like. Just a note: Only those who can use the likes are able to like a post. Of course, rules still apply. There shouldn't be no like tradings.

The point of the 3 likes to be an established member and be able to post in the BST section is to build quality members with quality posts and contributions in the community.

For more info on being an established member, you may read this one:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/help/established

The best alternative is to get a Premium Membership for $25/month if you wanna start posting on the Buy, Sell, and Trade forums.
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/help/premium

Jesse27, Feb 19, 2013 IP
  2. dojodesign

dojodesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, likes are usually given for GOOD thoughtful posts. So spamming would either get said member banned directly or he/she'll never actually get any likes at all.

dojodesign, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    On a positive note to those fearing that getting 3 likes won't be easy. *Many* members have managed to score 3 likes from 1 post. Some have even received 5 or 6 likes from a single post. It's not as if anyone has to jump through a ring of burning fire to get established.:)

Spoiltdiva, Feb 20, 2013 IP
    Dolerite likes this.
  4. Aleksa Miladinovic

Aleksa Miladinovic Active Member

Best Answers:
    @dojodesing & @jesse27

You didn't fully understand me. I didn't mean pure spam, I meant I am worried that people are gonna lurk forums and post on a lot of topics that don't interest them just to increase their chances of getting likes.

I was browsing a bit, and saw that on some forums there are pure random thoughts on subject posts, even though topics are pretty specific.

But I think that shouldn't be too much big of a deal, I guess you have to have some cons at the end, but if number of pros is higher than this rule has succeeded.

Aleksa Miladinovic, Feb 20, 2013 IP
  5. Zublin5

Zublin5 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it sucks, but I don't make the rules. I either have to deal with it. Lots of good stuff on this forum.

Zublin5, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  6. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

You bring up a valid concern, but before the change it was more that people made a lot of random, useless posts to make the 25 posts minimum. Now they need to get three likes from three different people, so posts have to be well thought out to receive a like. Making a lot of useless posts is now pointless. For the sections I frequent, I've noticed a big improvement in post quality (still some useless ones, but not as many as before). So, overall, the system seems to be working (and Shawn has posted a few times about the increase in business and traffic).

ryan_uk, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  7. Aleksa Miladinovic

Best Answers:
    I am new here, so I didn't know there was a 25 posts minimum instead of 3 likes, when you look it from that perspective, it is most definitely better this way, because it influences the quality of the post more directly.

Aleksa Miladinovic, Feb 24, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  8. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    On January 22 the OP wrote in his opening post....."Don't you think it will bring down DP".... Well DP is still here but the OP isn't. (banned) Am I the only one who sees the irony here?;)

Spoiltdiva, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  9. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

Ah, I just saw your join date - it was a few days before you joined that the change happened.

ryan_uk, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  10. Aleksa Miladinovic

Best Answers:
    Darn it. :) If I joined earlier I could have been an avid spammer. :)

Just kidding of course. ;)

Aleksa Miladinovic, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  11. cherryinfosystems

cherryinfosystems Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Very dominating idea , seems DP is in an overconfidence now about " We have enough visitors" , " If you like our dominating rule.. stay here .. otherwise get lost !! ", But please remember Mr.Shawn "a Bridge which support one sided traffic will not last for ever".You should at least show some kindness to the new members like me .

cherryinfosystems, May 1, 2013 IP
    tireguy and editorsbox like this.
  12. arcadegrab

arcadegrab Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, its such a hassle to search around for likes, when all I want to do is post a couple of domains to sell.

arcadegrab, May 1, 2013 IP
    tireguy likes this.
  13. softtechy

softtechy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi..i have been premium member because i have 3 likes from other premium members. but today i see that my premium member gone. what is happening, could anybody explain this ?

softtechy, May 13, 2013 IP
  14. krishnaverma

krishnaverma Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I do not think that regular users will move away from the forum because of this new rule. It may impact the spammers which I think is good for others.

krishnaverma, May 13, 2013 IP
  15. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    It sounds to me as if you are confusing premium membership with established membership. Premium membership is purchased for a certain time period. Established membership is determined by number of likes from distinct members.

Smyrl, May 13, 2013 IP
  16. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    It appears that your bridge has completely collapsed.:eek: (you've been banned)

Spoiltdiva, May 13, 2013 IP
  17. submit_articles

submit_articles Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've had hundreds of positive itrader before, and it's gone once the new system comes into place. Made me feel like a newborn virgin all over again. I guess service reviews can be done on the service thread itself. It's a credibility issue. I believe credible service providers will have no problem establishing themselves on DP all over again. They can do it once, they can do it again. No problem :)

submit_articles, Jun 4, 2013 IP