1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

min CPC of 0.05 sucks...

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by dshah, Jan 13, 2007.

hope they make it to 0.01 soon. I can't justify using adcenter against adwords (because I can get tonn of traffic at 0.01 CPC each from adwords).

(going to pause my campaign...)

dshah, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  2. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    Do any keywords really go as low as $0.01? I've never seen anything that low. If your bids are going that low, you're most likely being buried by other ads at that point anyway.. but maybe I'm wrong.

tvmatt, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  3. Yazari

Yazari Peon

Best Answers:
    Yazari, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  4. kiviniar

kiviniar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Those are the click i get on my free stuff site, now i know......hahahahaha

kiviniar, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  5. dshah

dshah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have any clue about adcenter? or you are just trying to add upto postcount?

dshah, Jan 16, 2007 IP
  6. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    There is almost zero chance that it will change.

aeiouy, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  7. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I also think they should drop the minimum. Will they...who knows.

When going after the long tail, most of the time, it makes no sense to bid $0.05+. adCenter & YSM are really missing the boat in that area imo. Once people figure out what they are doing they will not use PPC platforms for long tail terms that require minimum bids when other platforms (with sufficient reach) exist that do not. I would spend significantly more with adCenter & YSM if they dropped the min and let me chase the long tail in a cost effective fashion.

I think adCenter & YSM are crazy to think that when they get their content networks going in full swing that people will line up to bid $0.05. I know I won't.

GuyFromChicago, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  8. dshah

dshah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yepp. Not only that - they are so cockey about their program as if they don't know adwords is out their.

Adcenter and YSM may be getting some new customers because of their marketing efforts (adcenter was new so people wanted to try it out, YSM did major? upgrade so people wanted to check out), but once given trial run hardly anyone is going to come back.

Sometime back I got YSM brouchers etc in postal mail stating that now ads approval happens in minutes. I wanted to try it out and put together a campaign in business hours - but hell it took two days (after sending them feedback) for them to even look at my campaign.

I can't believe all those executives working in Yahoo are so away from ground realities.

dshah, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  9. SonicReducer

SonicReducer Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't mind the .05 minimum or even the .10 minimum on YSM. It keeps out a lot of junk advertisers that would clutter up the system.

SonicReducer, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  10. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't equate low bids to "junk", just like I don't equate high bids to quality. My point was adCenter is mising out on revenue becuase due to the min bid they exclude savvy advertisers from bidding on long tail terms. So for a lot of terms instead of having dozens of low bid ads they have no ads at all.

Who wins there? I'd say no one.

GuyFromChicago, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  11. SonicReducer

SonicReducer Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed, not all with low bids are junk. Some (like me) are chasing long tail KWs. But take a look at the wasteland that is 7search if you want to see what .01 bids can do!

SonicReducer, Jan 18, 2007 IP
  12. mediology

mediology Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    .01? Wow I cant find any keywords which get traffic for my products/industries which are under $.40
    My account is set at min. bid $.61

Even the typos are at least $.10 and get small traffic.

I just added another 200 keywords and set it at $.05 to see what would happen and none went through. I have to reset them all to much more.

Anyway I would definitely use $.01 if I could find a good, relevant typo getting a good chunk of traffic but I guess they don't exist in my genres.

As far as adcenter goes the promo worked like a charm in my case! I have spent 5-6 times the promo in the past 2 weeks and will continue my campaign for as long as it continues to produce.

mediology, Jan 20, 2007 IP