1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mike Huckabee Campaign Updates

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by GTech, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Time to follow Guerilla's lead and start a Huckabee Updates thread.

Despite the negativity coming out of the Drudge report (some are suggesting Matt Drudge is working for the Romney Campaign), Mike Huckabee's support and climb in the polls continues to rise.

Poll Results:

Nationally, Mike Huckabee is leading (1% margin) the Republican Race.

Iowa - Huckabee is holding an amazing 39%

Mike Huckabee is leading in Georgia

Huckabee is leading in South Carolina

Huckabee is Second Place in New York

Huckabee is leading in Michigan

Huckabee is Second Place in Nevada

Huckabee is Second Place in Pennsylvania

Huckabee moves to the Number 3 Spot in Ohio

Huckabee only GOP candidate leading Clinton in Arkansas

Huckabee holds Thrid Place in California

Endoresements for Mike Huckabee

Dec 11th - Jim Gilchrist Endorses Mike Huckabee (Founder of Minuteman Project)

Mitt Romney Endorsed Mike Huckabee in 2005

Obviously Mitt has flip flopped on this endorsement as indicated by his attacks on Huckabee.

Responses to untruthful attacks on Huckabee
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=NewsRoom.Articles

Mike Huckabee on the issues and his positions

I'll try to keep the thread updated every few days. Wish I had more time to update it, but too much work right now.

GTech, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  2. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    is chuck norris still roundhouse kicking ppl?

ncz_nate, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  3. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I really Hope Huckabee doesn't win.

soniqhost.com, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  4. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @ All non-Huckabee supporters (specifically the RP supporters)

Please do not dump on this thread or use it as a chance to criticize Huckabee. Allow GTech the same courtesy he extends to the other Candidate's update threads. Please. Let GTech post updates without friction.

guerilla, Dec 11, 2007 IP
    GTech likes this.
  5. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What are you talking about bro?

I just looked at your RP update thread and every single member of the DigitalPoint Crazy Gang (including Crazy Gang Commander GTech) was trashing it.

He will get zero sympathy from me in this Huckabee thread. :D

AGS, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  6. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know, i just wanted to get a laugh or 2. keep the updates rollin' GTech :)

ncz_nate, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  7. Briant

Briant Peon

Best Answers:
    Considering how interchangable the other candidates are, this thread should be titled "Everyone but Ron Paul Updates." And, like their candidacies hopefully will, it should die from lack of popular interest.

Briant, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  8. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Since when is saying someone might make a good president an endorsement? :confused:

GRIM, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  9. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    To be fair, I hope Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination either.

soniqhost.com, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  10. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What a great thread! The difference between this thread and the RP thread is that this one actually has some credibility behind it (and huckabee actually has well known supporters, unlike RP)

d16man, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  11. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    If you are a regular watching of Drudge Report, as I am, you may be asking "what the hell is going on there" between Huckabee and Romney. Most people have seen it. Some are actually reporting about it.

http://www.observer.com/2007/matt-drudge-crusading-against-mike-huckabee
    Just keep an eye out, you'll see what's going on. In fact, you can see it right now on the front page.

Huckabee vs. Democrats

Huckabee doing well in Wisconsin. I still have the DP narcissist on ignore, but as some have told me, he still keeps responding to my posts despite claiming to have me on ignore. Go figure :)

GTech, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  12. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Huckabee is a surefire way for the GOP to lose in 2008. His odd 1992 AIDS pronouncement; his 1998 pronouncement about wives (assuming a hillary D candidacy) is a soundbite waiting to be played out. He's weak on immigration; weak on taxes and spending. The more his record comes out, the worse he looks, sadly - I liked him at first too. I'm liking him less and less each week.

I fear that Rudy or Mitt are the only viable candidates right now. Huck is worrisome and needs to be taken out before the first primaries come about.

lorien1973, Dec 11, 2007 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  13. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Gtech, I can confirm that Drudge has been very Romney centric for months now. The only way another candidate from the GOP side was able to get any coverage, was for a Political Action Committee to purchase advertising on the web site. Then a couple article headlines started to appear. I'm sure it was strictly coincidental, but very obvious after the blackout on other GOP candidates.

Romney has been trying to buy this election from the beginning.

14. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    It sure does raise issues. I'm usually pretty dismissive of things like this, but being one that visits Drudge at least a dozen times a day to get the latest, it's been very obvious.

I have seen a few positive stories on Ron Paul in the past, but it's been a very long time. I haven't seen anything about the RP blimp on Drudge, though I have seen quite a bit about it elsewhere.

GTech, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  15. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LOL Gtech, nice personal attack. I took you off ignore about 2 days ago ;) I had to see what fantasy land you were in, I guess I was hoping that maybe reality had bitten you, I see it hasn't yet.

So yet again, where did you get your degree in mental health?

:rolleyes:

GRIM, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  16. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well thought out, nice to see someone 'and don't take this wrong' on that side who sees these weaknesses for what they are. I use 'that side' as I don't know how better to put it :eek:

Out of all of the repubs Huck just simply is my least favorite, strikes me as a guy I could not vote for. I don't like his record, the people on his side use distorted numbers to try to make it look good. Trumping a budget surplus, and tax cuts, even though he raised taxes more than were cut. I don't know where they are from but to me, tax increases that end up making a surplus because you taxed too much is not a good thing.

Rudy I do not like on several points, but especially his 2nd amendment stance didn't sit well with me. McCain I do not like on immigration, nor his support of the war, I may however be able to let those slide.

Romney to me looked like a liberal on stage to tell you the truth. He appeared to be the king of pandering.

GRIM, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  17. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The war is a non-issue from the republican side. It's a problem for the democrats as the situation looks better every week. Why no one is pinning the D's on their defeat platform; especially Hillary on her "suspend belief" Petreaus comments is beyond me, when it turns out he was dead on. Oh well.

I'd look at Rudy's 2nd amendment beliefs much like abortion. Republicans had the WH in 1980, 1984, 1988, 2000, 2004. Abortion is still legal. Despite views to the contrary. That'll be a settled matter, essentially, after the upcoming supreme court case anyways. Polls on guns are way in favor of -less- control anyways and moving more and more in that direction.

McCain is okay on lots of issues; but he's too old. He's also bad on immigration - and his recent right turn here is for show only.

Immigration and spending are probably the #1 and 2 domestic issues in the election. democrats are on the wrong side of both those issues. Republicans nominate someone who is good on those and they win. It's simple. Even democrats are divided on immigration - and it's the top issue right now - republicans win this issue if they support a platform that is anti-illegal immigration. It's not tough.

Rudy/Fred Rudy/Mitt Rudy/Hunter - Something like that would be perfectly acceptable.

Rudy has to be on the ticket, probably on top. He keeps the northern states in play. Add a southerner/western guy to that ticket and it looks great.

Did you know RP's blimp may have violated campaign finance laws? Also; the blimp's rental was purchased through a private for-profit company. So the Ronulans are being suckered into providing some guy (or group of guys) with a salary at a for-profit company for a meaningless exercise. Hilariously idiotic.

lorien1973, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  18. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    From only some of the republican side, not all republicans feel that way. It may not be an issue for electing in the long run, who republicans want to support though it does come into play ;)

GRIM, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  19. Lpspider

Lpspider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I support Huckabee and am pleased to see he's starting to take a lead.

Lpspider, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  20. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's a shame you get all of your info from Michelle Malkin.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=597622

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.