1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Migrating HTML site to Wordpress

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by maxgates, Nov 7, 2016.

I want to know whether migrating a wordpress site to HTML makes sense or not. The way I see is that it would make managing the site easy for me. My site has 500+ pages.

What would be the SEO consequences considering that URL scheme might change and I have to redirect using 301 Redirect. I just wonder whether I am being too lazy by going for wordpress since it would be easy to manage my site especially since I don't have enough time to manage the site.

maxgates, Nov 7, 2016 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can append urls with .html if that helps. Its certainly easier to deal with at the end of the day but it sounds like you have a bit of data entry to do lol..

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Nov 7, 2016 IP
  3. rickvb

rickvb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Load times will significantly decrease, from that part it makes sense. The Pagespeed will increase.

I would personally still use header.php and footer.php files to make sure you can manage your footer and header more easily. For this you would need to do a few rewrites too, making sure .html is rewrited to .php in the background.

rickvb, Jan 18, 2017 IP