1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Migrating emails to GSuite

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by sarahk, May 31, 2017.

I've got a site that is currently parked and has 3 email accounts on it. 2 of those are being used as webmail where the emails themselves are kept on the server. The content of those emails is extremely important to the business.

I want to migrate them over to GSuite so we can start using Google Drive for shared documents etc and that includes getting the emails moved over.

Once I change the MX records I assume I won't be able to access the old email records so how do you hosting guys tackle this?

sarahk, May 31, 2017 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How have they been viewing them currently? Horde or something? Were they simply leaving them on the server or is it IMAP?

Nigel Lew, May 31, 2017 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    One is using an iphone
    The other is using webmail - something ghastly like Horde.
    I doubt it's IMAP

sarahk, May 31, 2017 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ok well..... from what I just read you can have so there will be something to figure out there but in terms of grabbing them you can simply import emails from just about anything into gmail. I suspect you simply wind up with more features on gsuite.

At any rate. Click the gear/sprocket icon and then go to settings. From there you can simply import everything into gmail. Here is a screenshot.

https://www.namecheap.com/support/k...e-mail-fetcher-setup-for-cpanel-email-account

Its fairly straight forward I had to do something similar a few weeks ago but I don't recall what I did about the original account. I am guessing with gsuite you can simply wing that into an actual email account rather than simply fetching them from a different server. That should work to archive them without issue though.

5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers: