1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Migrating a domain specific mail folder from cpanel to another cpanel.

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Asylort, Apr 2, 2022.

Hello everyone,

I host several domains with my old hosting company. Now, i want just move one domain. With all the mails, but from that domain only. Can i move just that mail folder and put the folder "domainToMigrate.com" to my new cPanel ?
    The web is full of "how to do" for migrating the whole mail folder, but i found nothing about migrating only one domain among others.
    Thank you for reading.

Asylort, Apr 2, 2022 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It seems to me that the easiest way is to migrate it all, then delete the folders that you don't want.

mmerlinn, Apr 5, 2022 IP
  3. Asylort

Asylort Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your advice, Mmerlinn.
    I also made some experiments. It seems, if i move only one mail folder, it's working too (without any guarantees). I just tried once.

Asylort, Apr 6, 2022 IP
  4. monovm

monovm Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you hosted several domains as addon domains in a single cPanel hosting account, you could migrate all of the related files and directories like web files, email directories and databases separately to the same directories in a new host. Then correct config files and links. You can configure new DNS settings on your domain by completing the mentioned steps.

monovm, Jul 25, 2022 IP