1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Might this be the sh*t that sets it all off?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by AGS, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Tabby

Tabby Peon

Best Answers:

He insults everybody, methinks his little willy is a little wee and he's just a poor boy trying to justify his lack of manhood.

Tabby, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  2. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm also ashamed to be British the way our useless Prime Minister lied to us all to get us to join forces with the USA to illegally invade Iraq.

P.S Welcome to the P&R forum too. :)

You're either with us or you are with the sheeple. :D

AGS, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  3. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    This particular incident will be solved by diplomacy. The Iranians are testing the response, simple as that.

AGS - for goodness sakes, man, get a grip of yourself! I'm not sure whether it's your intention to offend every nationality, culture and religion on the planet but you're going about it the right way.

mcfox, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I agree. But didn't the Iranians test this response just a couple of years ago?

What did the British do then? What effect did it have?

Do you believe that the lack of a British response to the last provocation was the cause for this current provocation?

Will.Spencer, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  5. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not intending to offend any nationality, culture or religion buddy, there are bad people from all of them. The majority are good honest people just like myself, I'm here to expose the bad ones, that is the only reason I post in this P&R area.

It is not a case of left and right, it's a case of right and wrong.

I'm just concerned about how the world is taking a big turn for the worse because of all the lies we are being told and I will always call a spade a spade. :)

AGS, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  6. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    This is a dual purpose event - firstly, it distracts a little from the forthcoming UN sanctions vote and gives Iran a tiny bit more leverage.

Secondly, Iran will monitor the response of the armed forces - aircraft carrier movements, troop deployments, tanks, radar tracking stations, everything they can possibly gather intelligence on that might give them an indication of any forthcoming attack.

Iran is expecting an attack at some point from the US - any information they are able to glean from monitoring the US and UK forces as they respond to this crisis will give them much need information that may help them in the future.

For example, it may assist them in planning where to deploy their shiny new Sizzler supersonic carrier-destroying missiles for best effect.

mcfox, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  7. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    But doesn't an insane and belligerent act like this make U.N. sanctions more likely?

It seems almost as if the Iranians want to ensure that the sanctions will be put into place.

8. Stealer

Stealer Peon

Best Answers:

He is clearly talking out of his A$$ on this one. I bet you would not have that kind of lip when a few of those "stupid ass marines" got close to you. You are a pathetic loser. !:D :p

Stealer, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  9. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Not really. Iran is already pitching this as a hostile and aggressive UK action. The countries more sympathetic to Iran are likely to go with that explanation and since the UK is one of the most outspoken on imposing sanctions it will weaken the UK's position slightly.

mcfox, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  10. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I dunno. It occurs to me that big strong men might be AGS's type and that he is definitely into masochism. He might really enjoy being knocked around by a big burly British sailor.

11. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Yesterday i think it was, you were calling Isreal soldiers stupid too, no surprise really though as Isreal, UK, USA soldiers are enemy forces to your buddies & your way of thinking.

Whether the dumbass Taliban strayed over into USA controlled areas or not

You wouldn't say anything like the above would you?

Lets just say Bush was wrong (without going in to detail) then that makes Irans kidnap of the UK soliders justified, this is what your saying correct?

Toopac, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  12. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    and the US, and all the other countries that are a part of the "coalition". However, he would love it if he was living in Iran, Turkey, Jordan, or any other islamic country...

d16man, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  13. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What is wrong with Turkey ? ... man you are :rolleyes: ... you just keep throwing stuff around, sometimes accusing someone of being terrorist, and now you know what kind of life there is in some countries and yet you have absolutely no idea how it really is to live in one of those countries.
    Pretty sums up how blind you are ..... yes yes I know ... you have not yet visited any foreign country did you ? Go to turkey man .... it is cheap.... you will see what life is :D .... poor boy it must be hard for you ...

iatbm, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  14. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Where did I say anything was wrong with Turkey? I just said it was an islamic country, thats all.....why do you always twist my words to fit your agenda?? Furthermore, I like Jordan also....and I never said they were terrorists havens...WTF???

d16man, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  15. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Will Spencer, why the accusations? Any facts to support this?If you had taken the time to read through my many posts here u would know my beliefs. It seems like accusations without facts are your specialty. If you need history lessons just comb through my posts. I never bury my head in the sand . My thoughts are with the soldiers, the little kids in iraq and any innocent life that is being harmed in this whole situation

pingpong123, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  16. charliepage

charliepage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And you like the soldiers right? :| Also an independent source, an Iraqi sailor said it was Iraqi waters.

Now Iran is saying the sailors "admitted" to going into Iran waters, just like 3 years ago. (hopefully they aren't forced to be on TV and such, again)

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070324132921.v0bpjlp8&show_article=1

EDIT: It appears among the 15, one is a woman:

http://www.canada.com/globaltv/bc/news/story.html?id=6f4e8311-22d2-43ba-8198-bcc3a9eeda83&k=83132

charliepage, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  17. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
  18. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    nah, they will probably sentence her to death....

d16man, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  19. charliepage

charliepage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article1563877.ece

Iran ‘to try Britons for espionage’

"FIFTEEN British sailors and marines arrested by Iran’s Revolutionary Guards off the coast of Iraq may be charged with spying.

A website run by associates of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Iranian president, reported last night that the Britons would be put before a court and indicted.

Referring to them as “insurgents”, the site concluded: “If it is proven that they deliberately entered Iranian territory, they will be charged with espionage. If that is proven, they can expect a very serious penalty since according to Iranian law, espionage is one of the most serious offences.”

The warning followed claims by Iranian officials that the British navy personnel had been taken to Tehran, the capital, to explain their “aggressive action” in entering Iranian waters. British officials insist the servicemen were in Iraqi waters when they were held.

The penalty for espionage in Iran is death. However, similar accusations of spying were made when eight British servicemen were detained in the same area in 2004. They were paraded blindfolded on television but did not appear in court and were freed after three nights in detention.

Iranian student groups called yesterday for the 15 detainees to be held until US forces released five Revolutionary Guards captured in Iraq earlier this year.

Al-Sharq al-Awsat, a Saudi-owned newspaper based in London, quoted an Iranian military source as saying that the aim was to trade the Royal Marines and sailors for these Guards.

The claim was backed by other sources in Tehran. “As soon as the corps’s five members are released, the Britons can go home,” said one source close to the Guards.

He said the tactic had been approved by Ayatollah Khamenei, Iran’s supreme leader, who warned last week that Tehran would take “illegal actions” if necessary to maintain its right to develop a nuclear programme.

Iran denounced a tightening of sanctions which the United Nations security council was expected to agree last night in protest at Tehran’s insistence on enriching uranium that could be used for nuclear weapons.

Lord Triesman, the Foreign Office minister, met the Iranian ambassador in London yesterday to demand that consular staff be allowed access to the Britons, one of whom is a woman. His intervention came as a senior Iranian general alleged that the Britons had confessed under interrogation to “aggression into Iran’s waters”.

Intelligence sources said any advance order for the arrests was likely to have come from Major-General Yahya Rahim Safavi, the commander of the Revolutionary Guards.

Subhi Sadek, the Guards’ weekly newspaper, warned last weekend that the force had “the ability to capture a bunch of blue-eyed blond-haired officers and feed them to our fighting cocks”.

Safavi is known to be furious about the recent defections to the West of three senior Guards officers, including a general, and the effect of UN sanctions on his own finances.

A senior Iraqi officer appeared to back Tehran’s claim that the British had entered Iranian waters. “We were informed by Iraqi fishermen after they had returned from sea that there were British gunboats in an area that is out of Iraqi control,” said Brigadier-General Hakim Jassim, who is in charge of Iraq’s territorial waters. “We don’t know why they were there.”

Admiral Sir Alan West, the former head of the Royal Navy, dismissed suggestions that the British boats might have been in Iranian waters. West, who was first sea lord when the previous arrests took place in June 2004, said satellite tracking systems had shown then that the Iranians were lying and the same was certain to be true now."

charliepage, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  20. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Looks like Iran wants their 5 spies that were in Iraq released...possible a trade for the 15 brits....this could get real interesting, death is the penalty in Iran for spying.

New Link, and iraqi fisherman says the brits were in iraqi waters...
    http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Di...th=March2007&file=World_News2007032534322.xml

d16man, Mar 24, 2007 IP