1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsuit

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ! !, Aug 27, 2004.

Call them MICROSUIT ;)

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_news/9517408.htm

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=businessNews&storyID=6093042

Several California cities and counties, including San Francisco and Los Angeles, sued Microsoft Corp. Friday, accusing the software giant of illegally charging inflated prices for its products because of monopoly control of the personal computer operating system market.

The local governments are asking a judge to make the case a class action on behalf of all California cities and counties. If a judge approves the lawsuit as a class action and Microsoft is found liable, the Redmond, Wash. company could be liable for many millions of dollars, perhaps billions.

"It's anticompetitive, it's predatory, and it denies consumers, and in this case taxpayers, the benefits of innovation that a free marketplace should provide," said San Francisco City Attorney Dennis Herrera. "Taxpayers no less than consumers have been victimized by Microsoft's misconduct, and we are seeking a just resolution with our lawsuit today."

! !, Aug 27, 2004 IP
  2. msaad

msaad Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't agree more!

John Dvorack wrote an article about this in PC Magazine last month. He said that Windows XP should go for $29 max! I really agree with this. The prices of MS products are unbelievable.

But, do you think this lawsuit can actually lead to something? There have been tons of other lawsuits before with no real effect. MS certainly has TONS of lawyers!

msaad, Aug 27, 2004 IP
  3. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree and not just tons of lawyers but the best lawyers.

melfan, Aug 27, 2004 IP