1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsoft's Bing Caught Copying Google Search Results

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Caesar1, Feb 1, 2011.

" sting operation by Google reveals that Microsoft has been copying results from Google for its Bing search engine.

The search giant alleges that Microsoft has been using its Internet Explorer web browser and the Bing Search bar to harvest information on Google users, according to a lengthy report by Danny Sullivan at Search Engine Land. Amit Singhal, a Google Fellow who oversees the search engine’s ranking algorithm, was crystal clear about the findings.

“Our testing has concluded that Bing is copying Google web search results,” Singhal told FoxNews.com."

source
    uh oh

Caesar1, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  2. Chronister

Chronister Peon

Best Answers:
    Nonsense like that is why I quit using Internet Explorer and why I try to block Google from getting information about my searches as much as possible. On the other hand, the report is from Fox News so I'll wait until I hear a similar story from a more credible source.

Chronister, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  3. Saelanares

Saelanares Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hiybbprqag!
    (search it on google)

Yeah, so, it's M$. What do you expect?

Saelanares, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  4. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I wonder if blackhatters out there are trying to use this method (Bing Toolbar/Suggested Sites) to try to gain Bing rankings for search terms of value?

Zibblu, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  5. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    drhowarddrfine, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  6. seodash

seodash Member

Best Answers:
    seodash, Feb 3, 2011 IP
  7. Jennifar

Jennifar Peon

Best Answers:
    I quit using Internet Explorer and why I try to block Google from getting information about my searches as much as possible. On the other hand, the report is from Fox News so I'll wait until I hear a similar story from a more credible source.

Jennifar, Feb 3, 2011 IP