1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsoft to buy Yahoo

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pasfile, Feb 1, 2008.

1. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think Yahoo and Microsoft is the best match pairing because of the synergies involved.

Regarding Baidu and IAC, financing is usually not a problem for these companies unless they are extremely small, which they are not, because if the will is there, they can usually get the money from various sources (investors). Anyway, I think Baidu should have no problem in that regard, however, I don't think Yahoo investors will wnat a tie up with them, they would rather gp with Microsoft.

qwestcommunications, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  2. romioaa

romioaa Notable Member

Best Answers:
    romioaa, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  3. OpenAreas

OpenAreas Guest

Best Answers:
    Google will always remain top dog in this market.

OpenAreas, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  4. Loonm

Loonm Peon

Best Answers:
    fistr, ebay in that charts is piece of crap, they dont get more visitors than orkut, youtube and other social websites by google, its said they get best UV after google and yhoo/msft!
    Creator of this website doesnt know youtube? The site that is TOP 3 in unique visitor/pageview relation and STILL unstoppable in growing!

Loonm, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  5. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I hope they merge, a decent competition to Google in the online advertising market is in our favor as publishers!

DomainMagnate, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  6. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, that blogger doesn't know YouTube....maybe because he never watched videos about sexy girls. You know, YouTube is full of sexy girls videos. The reason why I come everyday to that site is because of this!

wokaka, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  7. Professional Dude

Professional Dude Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think Msn should go for google ;)

Professional Dude, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  8. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you kidding? Microsoft owned the desktop several years ago. Since Bill Gates focused his attention to charity, Microsoft is not that big anymore. Many people introduced alternatives like linux and Mac Os after Vista disappointed them. I also do not think Microsoft will get many profitable things from Yahoo because their strategy in internet is always sux. Google is always smarter and Microsoft won't rule anything unless they know how to make better things.

wokaka, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  9. Teresa McCraw

Teresa McCraw Banned

Best Answers:
    I haven't heard about that one. I don't think so. No one even uses msn.com no more. It's so bland.

Teresa McCraw, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  10. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    Newsflash! Google's response here
    Clip:

www.AmCy.org, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  11. whooped

whooped Peon

Best Answers:
    Who are you kidding? No one outside of the OLPC and techies uses Linux. Apple always had a core group of followers at about 4 or 5%. Microsoft owns the PC.

Vista was overhyped and underperforms, granted. It has sold a standard amount of licenses though, which is what really counts. People can yell at Microsoft all they want, but Microsoft still has their money.

Seriously, have you ever tried to make an operating system? Microsoft makes the world's most powerful software. Google is a smart company, but give microsoft credit

whooped, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  12. whooped

whooped Peon

Best Answers:
    Edit: The New York Times says the same thing. Great minds think alike :)

Hmm. This pretty much outlines Google's strategy at this, and a smart one too. A really smart one.

Google will use some of its lobbying prowess that it has accumulated to slow down the merger and perhaps even stop it. If they stop it, they continue to dominate for a while.

If not, they slow Microsoft down for an extra six months to a year. Add another year for integration, and Google has plenty of time to hit an 80% marketshare.

What strikes me is the strength and attacks of the response. It's not a regular Google thing. Clearly, they'll do a cultural thing on Microsoft- playing Microsoft as the anticompetitive looming evil and Google as the powers of good fighting back.

They've basically called Microsoft hostile, uninnovative, illegal, inappropriate, a monopoly, unfair and limiting.

Either Google feels seriously threatened by this, or they just want to have some extra fun with Microsoft. Sort of a payback for the doubleclick antitrust efforts by MSFT.

whooped, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  13. maverick_ymca

maverick_ymca Peon

Best Answers:
    I wish bill gates could return back at driver's seat. His position was similar to Michael Schumacher's ; controversial but always a winner.

maverick_ymca, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  14. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    I think he is now more into his Bill Gates Foundation which is also good, a founder may not be the best CEO, he is smart to realize that he needs external professional and capable person to look after the company.

wisdomtool, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  15. anglefourfivemedia

anglefourfivemedia Banned

Best Answers:
    NET TANGIBLE ASSETS IN BILLIONS

GOOG Net Tangible Assets $15.147

MSFT Net Tangible Assets $25.459

Microsoft has about 10 billion more than Google.

anglefourfivemedia, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  16. kazisdaman

kazisdaman Member

Best Answers:
    thats a big increase about 80% as big.

As long as the Y! ppc remains easy to use, I'll use it, the MSN AdCenter layout needs some work, i hope they don't transfer that bad tech to Y!'s clean ui.

kazisdaman, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  17. D_C

D_C Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For some reason I foresee google being bought by some out of the blue rich company.

D_C, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  18. worldman

worldman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please spare me. Could you refresh my memory as to what Google actually owns that is considered tangible assests? Their stocks on Wall Street are a big joke right now becuase any serious investor will tell you do not place you money on stocks that have no tangible value....and a couple servers do not count.

worldman, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  19. anglefourfivemedia

anglefourfivemedia Banned

Best Answers:
    There's no value in 4 billion advertising dollars a quarter*sarcasm*?

Look up buddy, are you under a rock?

anglefourfivemedia, Feb 4, 2008 IP
  20. Claudek

Claudek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually Google's response is a bit hypocritical. By purchasing DoubleClick, Google has cornered a great chunk of the advertising power on the Web. This is what is forcing Microsoft to bid for Yahoo. Should the DoubleClick deal finalise, no company will be able to compete with Google advertising-wise. Considering the billions that market is worth, Microsoft would be foolish to not combine powers with Yahoo to still retain advertising power.

Personally, I do not think it is a good idea for Google to acquire Doubleclick. I hope that this deal is not sanctioned by the regulators who oversee this. Google getting a monopoly on online advertising is a bad idea.

Claudek, Feb 4, 2008 IP