1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsoft to build a safer search

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by schlottke, Jun 12, 2004.

schlottke, Jun 12, 2004 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Great article SB, thanks for posting it. I think that this issue of page views transmitted to third parties, no matter who it is will be the largest issue that the industry will have to deal with down the road. We will see what the lawmakers have to say about this privacy issue.

Folks need to get involved in the issue, also it seems like M$ will have a lot to say, but people need to put pressure on them also since the AUTO ID issue and the use of page view information is one that will affect everyone, webmasters and surfers and service providers.

anthonycea, Jun 12, 2004 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Everyone except me I guess. :)

digitalpoint, Jun 12, 2004 IP
  4. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    To phrase Shawn's comment a different way; how will it affect all these people?

I frankly don't know what the hell you are talking about.

compar, Jun 12, 2004 IP
  5. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure anyone does.

schlottke, Jun 12, 2004 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Compar, I am sorry Shawn does not have time to read the articles that I post here, he seems to want to avoid addressing the AUTO ID issue for some reason.

I will bet you Compar that Shawn knows exactly what I am talking about.

You will just have to go back and look at my past posts and read the article that I posted on Digital Point about the Microsoft AUTO ID that Shawn WILL have to install an interface right here at DP for all of us to log on one day.

No passwords or log ons, that is what I am talking about, if you can't find the thread ask Shawn, I know he knows which one I am talking about, cus we almost got into a fist fight over this issue in a PM war. :eek:

7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No one can make anyone install a central authentication system. No one owns the Internet, not even Microsoft.

8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Shawn no one can MAKE you apply for a credit card, but if you don't have one you will not rent a car at the airport when your plane lands in a strange city now, will you? :eek:

9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What does that have to do with your prediction that it will HAVE to install a central authentication system here?

10. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Shawn, if you want traffic you will play the game.

What if M$ comes up with a AUTOID search tool, click and your logged on to the site?

Are you going to tell your users, sorry I do not want to be part of that?

Will you force them to keep using your username and passwords, when no one uses them any longer? :eek:

Now roll up, get your alcohol out, wash your forehead and get ready for your autoID mark.

Are you going to tell me you are not going to install the interface on your sites. Did you use PayPal?

11. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Correct, we will not be using any 3rd party authentication system ever on any site. I don't need Microsoft to gain traffic.

And no, I never have accepted PayPal.

Anyone who thinks they "need" it is a fool. :)

12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Never say never, how do you process transactions, standard merchant accounts?

Next millions of websites use PayPay, why are they fools?

90% of your users are using Microsoft OS to access your sites, are you going to say no to 90% of your users if AutoID is built into their OS?

Come on Shawn, the AUTOIDmark will not even be painful, just give us your right hand if you don't want it on your forehead :eek: SOFTIE LOVE U!

13. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    That is out and out rubbish

What is cash used for? If you can meet the loan of car criteria set by the company you will be able to use the car - the only reason that credit cards are used is that it gives the loan company some form of protection [limited at that] - you might need to make a substantial cash deposit but you still will be able to rent.

Foxy, Jun 13, 2004 IP
  14. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    So Foxy, what are you going to do, FEDEX a suitcase full of cash when you make your next online transaction?

How are you my old friend? :eek:

They do not take cash at rental car agencies in the states Sir Foxy. :eek:

anthonycea, Jun 13, 2004 IP
  15. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    The "forehead" remark is a biblical reference to the mark of the devil. So is PayPal now the child of the devil and part of the evil empire?

Or maybe it would be easier to ask the question the other way. Who, in your mind Anthony, is not part of the evil empire and just out to get us?

How do you feel about George Bush? Now there's a subject we might be able to agree upon.

compar, Jun 13, 2004 IP
  16. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    No Compar, I was not refering to PayPal, I was refering to the AUTOID that is to replace Passport. Microsoft is going to introduce AUTOID to eliminate LOGONS and PASSWORDS.

I was just telling Shawn to get ready to accept the mark here at DP and also let him know that he will have to get his own ID to log on to other sites that WILL install the interface to the new system.

If you need me to post the article again I will, but if you review my past posts you will find me trying to get Shawn involved in a discussion on the subject and you will find the link.

By the way Shawn never commented on the issue for some reason, maybe he does not have time to read the article. But it is very important and maybe you can start a new thread on it Compar, so the forum can discuss it.

17. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    IF they release the AUTOID, I will be nervous- I just don't really have the safest feeling about Microsoft.

schlottke, Jun 13, 2004 IP
  18. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Why, Intel tried to do it with ID on processors, Softie will do it through software, there is no if's about it.

This is going to happen (computer software theft is the largest reason) Mr. Gates wants it, China is stealing software from M$ and this will put an end to it they think. Software no workey with no AUTOID, no no copy without embeded ID inside.

Next, the banks will back it, so if you want to buy or sell you will have to get your ID.

Do you use a credit card, they have 3 digit codes on the back of the card that most require now.

I think that I am going to buy some Goats and start making cheese and leave this stuff to Shawn. :eek:

19. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Because it's not even worth talking about IMO.

Why would Microsoft replace Passport with something that serves the same purpose? Passport was going to me a central authentication system. Problem is no one incorporated it or even cared about it. The only thing that requires you to have a Passport account is Hotmail these days.

digitalpoint, Jun 13, 2004 IP
  20. mushroom

mushroom Peon

Best Answers:
    The days of Mr. Gates beening able to brain wash the minions is coming to an end.

Why?;

M$'s poor security, high price, need for 3rd party software (more $'s) in order to provide even resnomble security.

IBM, Sun, Novel now backing and promoting Linux

mushroom, Jun 13, 2004 IP