1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsoft Starts Planning Internet Explorer 9

Discussion in 'Bing' started by tonisatoz, Dec 8, 2009.

1. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Chrome doesn't have the features of Firefox. If it did, it would be be much larger and slower than it is now. You're trying to compare a Rolls-Royce to a Porsche and say one is worse than the other because they don't work the same. If you want speed and can live with fewer features, then Chrome is your browser. If you want a Swiss army knife, then you must use Firefox.

In any case, Both are light years ahead of IE9 now which won't be out for two more years.

drhowarddrfine, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  2. amalantony

amalantony Active Member

Best Answers:
    I read your previous posts in this thread and u seem to be belting IE and microsoft a lot herein ... but U have any idea why is it tht the product suck? MS is supposed to have the cream of cream engineering grads working for them right?

And, as for firefox and chrome, google seems to be taking over the internet, they are getting into everything thats there, so I guess it wont be too long before chrome gets all the features of firefox and maybe better performance unlike firefox which looks like an 80year old running a race.

amalantony, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  3. intro

intro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont know what they exactly want, it's like digital tv (firefox) and local (ie).. they will never change that

intro, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  4. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Over the years, I've given lots of links to resources showing just how awful IE is but few people look at them or understand them so I don't bother anymore. I could do a lot more "belting".

It appears management at Microsoft doesn't care what engineering thinks. Microsoft products are entrenched with IE. They interoperate with it to the core of the operating system. Any change to IE means it could affect how other Microsoft software works. That's why corporations in the enterprise still use IE6 and may not upgrade for many more years. MS managed to make improvements in IE7 and IE8 but they only work in their newer products. Corporations aren't willing to spend the thousands, maybe millions, of dollars to upgrade software that works for them just for an improved browser.

So management seems to be the problem with Microsoft's handling of the internet.
    Firefox runs neck/neck with Chrome until you add features, as I said above. Firefox can be heavily customized, for example, while Chrome cannot (yet). Firefox can be programmed using XUL and has wonderful add on programs like Ubiquity, Bespin, Wave and so on while Chrome does not.

I run three copies of Firefox. Regular FF with lots of add-ons for developing, one version with almost no add-ons, and the nightly build. The first can be really slow with some sites that have lots of script or Flash going on while the second, with Foxmarks only on it, is almost as zippy as Chrome. Nightly builds are faster than that.

Google is a heavy contributor to Firefox or, at least, they were. Firefox wants you to have a better internet experience. So does Google but they are more interested in you using their services. The better your internet experience, the more likely you'll use Google services.

drhowarddrfine, Jan 14, 2010 IP
    amalantony likes this.
  5. PaulAdams

PaulAdams Peon

Best Answers:
    What's the point of developing IE9? By the time it'll be released it will just be behind the other browsers yet again. I suggest saving the manpower and time and just adopt and use Webkit. I don't want to have to worry about 4 separate IE versions, if you guys were serious about this then IE8 should've been what IE9 is going to be, same with the prior versions.

PaulAdams, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  6. jenniferjolan01

jenniferjolan01 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have read that IE9 version comes because IE8 version is more slow than Microsoft developer short out IE8 version problem in your new version (IE9). So i think that's good idea taken by Microsoft for different user those are using IE.

jenniferjolan01, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  7. cautious

cautious Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello Tonisatoz,

According to me IE9 will be find some thing new and special and what ever developers saying as it is.
    I think they should launch new version.

cautious, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  8. tonisatoz

tonisatoz Peon

Best Answers:
    Chrome is designed to host applications, and IE should have an application mode that optimizes the browser for this function.

tonisatoz, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  9. checkblog

checkblog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, i waiting to see this IE browser. I hope it will beat Mozilla.

checkblog, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  10. jenyhil

jenyhil Peon

Best Answers:
    It should add functionality of addons.

jenyhil, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  11. manofwar

manofwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    IE should just copy FF features and chrome speed, should be easy. ;)

manofwar, Jan 24, 2010 IP
  12. voodro

voodro Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, anyways IE is needed only to download Mozilla Firefox :))

voodro, Jan 25, 2010 IP
  13. PaulAdams

PaulAdams Peon

Best Answers:
    They are just changing the version every now and then. Why they don't improve it totally. And let its users to use it easily. They don't seem to have any plan and direction to follow. Just creating versions and updating them regularly and blindly.

PaulAdams, Feb 4, 2010 IP
  14. asad1912

asad1912 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i hope it is good

asad1912, Feb 9, 2010 IP