1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsoft: Pirated Win 7 Causes Malware Outbreak

Discussion in 'Bing' started by greggasket, Nov 4, 2009.

1. hipromx

hipromx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I think that we all should appreciate the hardwork that hundreds or thousands of people do, to create an OS and any other work. Why else then would you have worked for it?

hipromx, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  2. doubler

doubler Active Member

Best Answers:
    well we can't say anything until we try windows 7 once but Microsoft can do that, its up to him :)

doubler, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  3. Dysturbed

Dysturbed Peon

Best Answers:
    I do truly want Microsoft to apply a virus into all their programs, which would activate whenever someone tries to implement it into their computer without properly buying it. People who pirate obviously won't learn a lesson from the Law, and it really should be left to the software owners to defend their profit and products anyway they can, while, of course, warning that their computer will contract a virus if they download it illegally on their box cover, in order to make sure that they aren't liable to any damages they do. And, since the people who do actually buy the products legit don't care about whatever happens to a bunch of poor people, this would just be a win-win situation for Microsoft and the honest middle-class.

Dysturbed, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  4. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    safer ? backup ? what type of backup they provide ? when infected with virus they blame other software ...... example : MS ...

SonnyCooL, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  5. JamesSmith110

JamesSmith110 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have a legitimate windows 7, legitimate cpanel, legititmate whmcs, legitimate firewall, everything, i am a 100% legitimate client of all these companys, but i am franky discusted with your comments "Dysturbed", your radical solution,is illegal, you can put warnings on the box till you are blue in the face, it is still illegal to cause damage caused to the persons files. fine a illegitimate downloader may not report it to the police due to fear of prosicution themselves, but say a legitimate customers where effected microsft would get hundreds of lawsuits and on that matter if your are putting i on he box the product will undoubtably be banned from sale, as it is illegal. No mater what the status of the copy is it is still illegal to damage someones data.

Microsoft themselves are pirates, they Pirated Sound Forge 4.5, and used it to create wav files for windows xp (http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-11183-0.html?forumID=89&threadID=173539&messageID=1765547)

Banned From Selling Office 2007 due to a violation of a xml patent, from a smaller company
    http://www.informationweek.com/news/software/enterpriseapps/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=219200383

Why Dysturbed should microsoft have the right to damage user data when frankly they are just as bad, hell they are worse then normal pirates, microsoft make billions yet they do not aquire the right to use a patented technology, they just use it, they Pirate Sound Forge 4.5...

Enought of my rant
    James Smith

JamesSmith110, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  6. Kunalbhatia

Kunalbhatia Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have all these modded versions of Windows out on warez forums these days. Undoubtedly, some of these version are extremely good and useful (I myself tried this modded version of XP and it worked like a charm) but then, if people can modify OS's and distribute them to a wide audience, it doesn't take Einstein to throw in a few keyloggers and trojans as well. I'd say go for modded/pirated versions only when you have good feedback about the download (usually in the form of comments) otherwise, avoid. Of course, the other obvious option is to buy the freaking thing.

Kunalbhatia, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  7. Dysturbed

Dysturbed Peon

Best Answers:
    From a legal standpoint, damaging the files on the computer is absolutely not illegal, if you allow the person a warning beforehand, in the United States of America. It's the same, if somebody tries to rob a shop. The robber has the implied warning that the shopowner may fight for his property, and the shopowner certainly cannot be liable for any physical damages incurred during such altercation, as long as it did not escalate the situation into a life or death situation. It's self-defense, and, if pirates want to play a game like that on their computer, where they may potentially, in unison, short circuit the company from a large portion of their profits, then Microsoft should also be able to defend themselves in that context.

Now, you might not understand this, because you obviously aren't a businessman or anything where this may be a pertinent issue that you should encounter in your life, but, if you ever do become one, you would know that the right to your property should be protected at all costs, and that includes setting up means to protect yourself and your property, and to immobilize the robber. It's just as people do with all these new house security programs that would scare off robbers. If Microsoft or any other software distribution company were to enact such measures to protect their products, then I can assuredly say that they would lose no respect from corporate-savvy people such as myself who value a legit, free market, because we all know that these dishonest, poor savages will not be sympathized by anybody well off -- other than yourself maybe -- just like none of those people sympathize with these Mexicans jumping across our borders. This is the United States of America, and here, we get to protect what is ours -- and, if the Law wants to interfere into this free market, when its only true role is to establish means to protect individuals in case their life is in danger, then I have no problem supporting Anarcho-Capitalism.

Dysturbed, Dec 25, 2009 IP
  8. impressive.designs

impressive.designs Peon

Best Answers:
    Best strategy! People would not buy or download any pirate copy of software, if software is provided at cheaper rates.

impressive.designs, Dec 26, 2009 IP
  9. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Would like to know how you are able to get a legitimate copy of Norton for only a few dollars. I bought it last year for about $50 and it lets you install only in 3 PC's

peepin2me, Dec 26, 2009 IP
  10. ramin24

ramin24 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not sure of this report you said...but one thing i know is that Windows 7 is the most hottest windows of Microsoft which gets better in any case of which other Windows were week there...and it made lots of reputation to Microsoft indeed money.
    so I think it worths to buy this legendary windows.

ramin24, Dec 26, 2009 IP
  11. JamesSmith110

JamesSmith110 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You are incorrect, you statement would make the distribution of Viruses legal, even in the usa it is illegal to distribute a virus, In a large proportion of courtrys where distribution of virus is indeed illegal, microsofts os with a virus would indeed have to be banned.

That is indeed correct, on the basis of Self Defence and you do not need a sign, self defence applies in any situation where you believe your life is potentually in danger, however this is irrelevent when i comes to a software product, on the basis that there is no potential of physical harm.

Microsoft are more well off then most, yet they pirate (Pirated Sound Forge 4.5 used to create wav files for windows xp http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-11183-0.html?forumID=89&threadID=173539&messageID=1765547 Or Office 2007 banned due to volation of a patent http://www.informationweek.com/news/software/enterpriseapps/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=219200383 )

Again Does not apply to a software product, only applys to where there is the potential of actual bodily harm, if what you are advocaing was indeed true the distribution of viruses would be legal, which it most certainly not.

JamesSmith110, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  12. Rare.Castro

Rare.Castro Peon

Best Answers:
    THATS 100% LEGIT BULLSHIT.
    If you are not smart enough to get it from someone trusted then thats your fault.
    They make it sound like Free Windows 7 makes new viruses. lol
    They come pre-infected if you download from risky places.

BTW I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate from a trusted source for free.
    P.S. I am NOT promoting piracy.

Rare.Castro, Dec 28, 2009 IP
  13. Rumour

Rumour Peon

Best Answers:
    It's just plain stupid to download any form of cracked material. Not only because they can be pre-infected with malware but also because there are often bugs due to the cracking, no support, no updates etc etc Well, with the exception of a few "poor" countries perhaps. That's an understandable exception. Else, piracy is wrong and a criminal offence.

Rumour, Dec 29, 2009 IP
  14. cobija

cobija Peon

Best Answers:
    I think ms doesnt really care about pirated stuff..they havent really banned any serials or anything. They already have sold millions of copies, so they are sitting on plenty of profit.

cobija, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  15. Technocrate

Technocrate Peon

Best Answers:
    Generally I'd agree. But there's also pirated Windows downloads out there that also has keyloggers, trojans and viruses, both intentional and unintentionally done by its source.

But I think user stupidity is still the primary culprit

Technocrate, Feb 3, 2010 IP