1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsoft on the decline to nowhere?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by jfseostudio.com, Jan 5, 2012.

1. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nope... I wasn't doing any such thing!? You just said "Except for anything but the desktop where they are non-existant." - just pointing out that they dominate other niches and are existent elsewhere. Soooo no I wasn't joining any debate on "Comparing a game add-on unit to web servers and phones to make a point are we?"... I think the point of the discussion is "Microsoft on the decline to nowhere?" - which is where my point comes in... that they are not declining and are actually about to release some more products.

thsadmin, Jan 13, 2012 IP
  2. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    When discussing computers, I tend to forget game machines because 1) they are games and 2) they have nothing to do with what this forum is about.

They are always releasing more products. I've been saying for nine months that their next quarterly report will show they have declining sales but that hasn't happened yet. I based it on a statement they made where they moved sales of unshipped Windows 7 into the quarter which, in most cases, is done to boost sagging numbers. Then Win7 came out and everyone jumped on that bandwagon which helped the MS numbers after that, however I'm still surprised at their last results.

That said, it's been stated in the financial newspapers that computer sales are down which means Windows sales will be down. IIS has already declined in sales. Windows phone is going nowhere. Zune is dead. Bing loses MS a billion dollars every quarter. All that points to a dismal 2012 for Microsoft.

In the meantime, both Apple and Google stock prices have jumped and hit 52-week highs (which is significant).

drhowarddrfine, Jan 13, 2012 IP
  3. nicelife

nicelife Member

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone

I don't think Microsoft is dying, they are in better hands now, they hire good talent.
    Apple computers are still very expensive for many people in non english speaking countries, so they still have a good market with pre-installed windows on cheap laptops and stuff like that.
    And of course, Microsoft games and xbobx are doing things right :)

Cheers

nicelife, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  4. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Now? As compared to when and who? Who is different? I'm sure you don't know.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
    drhowarddrfine, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  5. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    IIRC, MS is and has been SOLELY in the hands of Bill Gates since day one. So, does Bill Gates have better hands now that he is older?

mmerlinn, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  6. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    No. Gates no longer directly runs Microsoft. It's questionable how much of a hand he has had in things these last several years.

drhowarddrfine, Jan 29, 2012 IP
  7. ervis

ervis Peon

Best Answers:
    I don’t think so .Microsoft always is looking and developing new technologies to be competitive with the other companies and to be the number one in sales

ervis, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  8. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh? Name one.
    Oh? But they're not. As stated over and over again in this thread.

drhowarddrfine, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  9. Ella_Z.

Ella_Z. Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, Microsoft was a leader and had a monopoly at that field for a long time. That's why, it seems that it's dying now, when Apple is very strong and plenty of other computer companies are at their dawn!

Ella_Z., Feb 13, 2012 IP