1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsoft contextual advertising.. when will it come ?

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by iskandar, Sep 19, 2005.

I think most of you are aware that Microsoft has announced that they'll introduce MSN adCentre (PPC solution) soon.

The great question is, when will Microsoft offer MSN contextual advertising system to compete with Google and Yahoo ? Will it be as soon as the end of next year?

No, this is just out of curiosity, I am not related to Bill Gates whatsoever .. ( em .. maybe my cat does)

iskandar, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  2. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    COuld be interesting to see unfold but I am more interested in what G will do next. I'm thinking it will be big with them buying all the cable around the world.

zman, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  3. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    The question still is, why in the world isn't MSN doing anything to tweak their search to get some better results. It's doesnt look like they modified their algo much since the start.

INV, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  4. webmistress

webmistress Guest

Best Answers:
    i think they know what there're doing, bleh!

webmistress, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  5. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    Its amaizing really to compare MS and Google. If Google had owned MS in the 70's going at the rate they are today, Windows XP would have come out in 1995. Google sure does lead the field when it comes to innovation. It amaizes me that a multi billion dollar corporation can be so agile.

Henny, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  6. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    The person on top of the hill tries way less then the person trying to climb up!

INV, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  7. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    I gotta believe we'll see MSN "CA" sooner rather than later - they see Google (and now Yahoo) making some big bucks with this, so I'm sure they are anxious to go after it also.

hulkster, Sep 22, 2005 IP
  8. Jimmy116

Jimmy116 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hopefully this will come early next year, so that we as publisher have more choice.

Jimmy116, Sep 22, 2005 IP
  9. programmer

programmer Guest

Best Answers:
    you are right. and Microsoft comes when the computer technology was on its initial statges, there was no operating system for personal use and they done a hardwork to come on the stage where they are today and Google comes when computer technology was almost 30 to 40 years old, Operating Systems were developed and there was no difficuly for them to work.

programmer, Sep 23, 2005 IP
  10. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a difference though with google as they are a niche in the technology market and didn't have much competition. Yahoo dominated the market before I believe, and they just had to face them.

INV, Sep 23, 2005 IP
  11. arjunprabhu

arjunprabhu Peon

Best Answers:
    Let them first master search, and then context.

Context is the king!. no context, no click through. So, if they release it as it is, it would be a major disaster.

arjunprabhu, Sep 24, 2005 IP
    davert likes this.
  12. zman

zman Peon

Best Answers:
    Context is king? Ive heard content won a few elections but context?

zman, Sep 24, 2005 IP
  13. arjunprabhu

arjunprabhu Peon

Best Answers:
    Content is the Queen :)...
    Context is the king when it comes to CTRs on ads!

If the ads are irrelavent, people wont click as much!

arjunprabhu, Sep 24, 2005 IP
  14. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Anybody has a prevision when Msn will launch their ppc program?

Jarodboy, Sep 24, 2005 IP
  15. Blo

Blo Guest

Best Answers:
    Blo, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  16. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    hulkster, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  17. davert

davert Banned

Best Answers:
    Gak. "there was no operating system for personal use" when MS started? Beg your pardon... ever seen an Apple II? HP-86? CP/M? IBM actually went to Gates as a *second* choice after the CP/M guy! Microsoft innovation is a PR campaign...GUI from Xerox and Apple, wizards from WordPerfect, and, um, what else is there again?

Anyway, to go on-topic some more...I am not waiting with bated breathe for a MS campaign. First, I suspect I will be locked out anyway, since I am as some have already guessed Mac-based. Second, I am grateful to Google for resuscitating (sp?) the ad market almost single-handedly and certainly with unusual generosity - instead of paying one cent per click like Overture used to, they shared what appears to be half or more of their revenue, even when they had what amounted to a monopoly. And third, given that Microsoft execs repeatedly committed perjury during the antitrust trials and only escaped their just rewards by buying off politicians, who ordered the Justice Department to back off, I can't really say I have much trust in them. I find Yahoo sleazy but would rather go with Yahoo as a second choice...

Finally, while MSN claims to be close in search usage to Google...the evidence of just about everyone who's spoken up about it is that MSN is nowhere, nowhere near Google! I find MSN to be an almost insignificant source of visitors in comparison to Google, and also to be behind Yahoo. (I do remember when my #1 source was Yahoo...long ago, when typing in yahoo.com actually brought you to their directory!)

davert, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  18. Jenstar

Jenstar Active Member

Best Answers:
    In the NYT article, MSN says that they definitely have a contextual ad program in the works. However, it will probably be some time before it begins beta testing, as they first need to do their US beta launch for AdCenter in October, then they have to build up their ad inventory - they will be doing a mix of MSN and Yahoo ads when they first launch.

Jenstar, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  19. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    It was only a matter of time before Billy boy got in on the action. Soon every company will have a contextual advertising sect. Just think about it.... "Walmart Ad Solutions" "Burger King Publisher Center"

exaro, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  20. tom22

tom22 Peon

Best Answers:
    tom22, Sep 26, 2005 IP