1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsoft buys Giant Company

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by TimSchroeder, Dec 16, 2004.

Microsoft buys Giant Company, one of my top merchants for affiliate income. Not only that but I was lucky enough to have my affiliate link attached to their main company site about a month ago.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=giant+company&btnG=Search

yep, that PID=A22227 is me.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1743165,00.asp

Bummer :mad:

TimSchroeder, Dec 16, 2004 IP
  2. KenMendonca

KenMendonca Peon

Best Answers:
    That sucks man, if you need to find a new affiliate program I could point you in the right direction. ;)

KenMendonca, Dec 16, 2004 IP
  3. dustin

dustin Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm... soon microsoft will be competing with every other company in existence...

dustin, Dec 16, 2004 IP
  4. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been doing research all morning trying to determine if Giant Spyware eats affiliate cookies. As you know some of these apps target, flag or delete every cookie on the planet as malware or spyware due to the game some of them play - “He who flags the most junk – sells the most software to uninformed consumers.”

Here is one of the articles about the Microsoft acquisition.
    http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/39052.html

I read on one forum that Giant’s software DOES target affiliate cookies. I searched everywhere and read a lot of info about Giant on some security forums and could find no mention of the program targeting innocent cookies.

Microsoft has removed all the product info on the Giant software site. But I got to a page in Google cache that explained that cookies were NOT spyware, so that was encouraging!

Does anyone have the software or know for sure? I would sure like to see what types of things they target. Of course Microsoft will re-write the software to some degree before they release the new beta version next month. Fingers crossed they know better than to eat cookies.

5starAffiliates, Dec 17, 2004 IP
  5. bloodwrath

bloodwrath Active Member

Best Answers:
    bloodwrath, Jan 3, 2005 IP
  6. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Webroot is okay but not that great :( . I use it but I also use three other programs in tamdem and still spyware gets through :mad: .

Why doesn't one program do the lot. :confused:

Cyclops.

Cyclops, Jan 3, 2005 IP
  7. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    FYI I only use Firefox for surfing now and if I have to use IE I have it set to not allow activex. I NEVER get any spyware or malware.

"An ounce of prevention is the best cure!"

5starAffiliates, Jan 4, 2005 IP