1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Microsoft ad program

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by normanu, Mar 25, 2005.

I heard somewhere that Microsoft is coming with a competing ad program to adsense ...
    Does anyone know when this will be available ?

normanu, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  2. ggd

ggd Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been tracking the news for this and believe that it will be out in about six months.

ggd, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  3. Cygnus

Cygnus Cat Herder

Best Answers:
    Microsoft is good about announcing industry important products/services that won't be available on time...mainly as a means to keep customers from signing long-term contracts with competitors. IBM used to be the king at this, but their settlement with the government prohibits that practice now...I haven't looked into whether the same ruling is in effect for MSFT...but since I'm a shareholder, I guess I don't mind so much.

Cygnus, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  4. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    It will be interesting to see which comes first. An actual pop up blocking capability in IE or an "AdSense" type services from MSN.

:)

Mia, Mar 25, 2005 IP
  5. normanu

normanu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hehe probably the popup block because that is allready in SP2 ;)

normanu, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  6. TheWebJunkie

TheWebJunkie Banned

Best Answers:
    Cant wait for this, msn and yahoo entering the market google will sure have some competion now :)

TheWebJunkie, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  7. normanu

normanu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well thats what they said about MSN Search aswell .... and I still don't see any real numbers coming from there ... and on almost all my keywords I'm in the top 5 ....

normanu, Mar 26, 2005 IP
  8. Steamboat

Steamboat Peon

Best Answers:
    What si the ratio of search traffic you are seeing for Google, Yahoo and MSN?

Steamboat, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  9. eCommando

eCommando Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I heard msn is going to beta test it in Singapore and France.

eCommando, Mar 29, 2005 IP
  10. kdobson99

kdobson99 Guest

Best Answers:
    Personally, I don't think another quality PPC program will result in lower CPC rates. If you are already making money from CPC advertising, then everyone will just go to the new player (MSN) and pay the same thing per click as they were before.

kdobson99, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  11. NiB

NiB Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm afraid they will wait until IE7 is out which will for sure block adsense by default. Then they will release their PPC program which isn't blocked by IE. That's the easiest way for them to get rid of Google.

NiB, Apr 18, 2005 IP
  12. bnaze13

bnaze13 Peon

Best Answers:
    know how long it take microsoft to come out with products i'm guessing a bit longer

bnaze13, Apr 19, 2005 IP
  13. junk_collect

junk_collect Peon

Best Answers:
    i guess it might be delayed ........as usual.

junk_collect, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  14. antonaf

antonaf Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't think MSN should play follow the leader, instead they should innovate and be creative. Create a new trend. PPC is getting old and its time for a change. While they will be coming in to PPC market Google will be changing the game with some other advertising platform...like they are always 1 step ahead of the game. I really think MSN should re-think this and possibly try a different avenue...something no one has tried yet or something no one has been successful with yet. Like UNLIMITED-Flat rate PPC. Or just a different direction altogether. This same bidding on keywords is getting old...I'm getting tired of paying for these fraudlent clicks and not getting anything in return.

Let's see...these are the advertising platforms where the internet has been there and done that:

Banner Advertising
    Text Advertising
    PPC
    Link Exchange
    Pop-up/Pop-under Advertising
    Email / Newsletter Advertising
    Direct Mail
    Print Advertising
    Word of Mouth
    Traffic Exchange

What's left? Where do we go from here?

- Cell phone / GPS advertising....ads popup on your cell phone / GPS LCD screen according to your geo-location...if you are near a McDonalds then a McDonalds ad will appear...near a Walmart then a Walmart ad will appear...etc. And Google Maps is intergrated for directions

- Interactive Advertising...when watching a TV program or when a commercial comes on your TV screen then relevant ads are displayed on the webpage of your computer which you are surfing at the time! That would be amazing! If MSN got the media center to take off strong then that would have been their doorway for that.

Or what if MSN did something simple such as:

- 2 for 1 PPC. For every 2 clicks that equal 1 sale (click). So instead of paying for every click you pay for every 2 clicks...that would work, but still doesn't elimnate click fraud.

- PPL (Pay Per Level) or PPD (Pay Per Depth). Pay Per every Level or every Depth within the website. The visitor is tracked from the clickpoint to the endpoint. If the visitor goes 2 levels or 3 levels deep within your site then you pay for the visitor (click), but if they do not make it that far then you do not pay or you only pay partial for the visitor (click). Now that should eliminate click fraud or at least slow it down.

We have options...but these giants just need to put their heads together and make it happen. I'm almost certain Google will be the ones to change the game once again...as they are always 1 step ahead of the game. As you see MSN is trying to get into PPC 5 years late. But I honestly think it was because MSN was locked into contracts...so they couldn't just start their own PPC...but they should have had enough time to come up with something different. It will be interesting to see what they have developed to compete.

antonaf, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  15. anusha

anusha Active Member

Best Answers:
    I personally feel that Google AdSense is here to stay for many more years to come with little competition

anusha, Apr 30, 2005 IP