1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

meta tags and keywords - individual or phrase

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by flyingkiwi, Sep 21, 2005.

just wandering if i am targetting phrases such as new zealand luxury accommodation and new zealand boutique accommodation should i list them as:
    new zealand, luxury, boutique, accommodation or
    new zealand luxury accommodation, new zealand boutique accommodation etc?

any help much appreciated

flyingkiwi, Sep 21, 2005 IP
  2. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    1. in the keywords meta tag, use the phrase (although it really doesn't matter since the meta tag is virtually ignored by everyone these days).

2. in your on-page content, use the phrase because that's what makes sense to visitors and because the words will be there for indexing either way.

minstrel, Sep 21, 2005 IP
  3. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I also think that the positioning of your most important keywords/keyphrase is a factor. Your most important keywords in position #1 for meta keywords, description and title. I also like using that same term throughout the body particularly is <h> tags.

Homer, Sep 21, 2005 IP
  4. rehash

rehash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the second version would help if someone does exact match like "new zealand boutique accommodation"

rehash, Sep 22, 2005 IP