1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Meta search engines, APIs, & TOS question

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by adamjthompson, Mar 2, 2006.

Question: If I want to make a search engine that draws results from other search engines, how do I do it?

The paid listings are easy: I can get them from Revenue Pilot & Search Feed.

How about the organic listings? I know Google, Yahoo, etc have API programs that allow access to their results, but I understand that if I used them, it would be violating their TOS. Correct?

I know Alexa does have their Web Search Platform, which I pay a small fee to use their results.

DMOZ also allows use of their data, i believe.

What other options do I have?

Thanks,
    Adam

adamjthompson, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  2. seowebguide

seowebguide Active Member

Best Answers:
    Using an API is an accepted form to query Google datacenters. The API allows you to send a certain amount of automated queries to their servers during a 24 hour period. Google created their API program to assist web developers to create apps...ie it's not a TOS violation to use it.

For a meta search tool try looking at the open source authority finder offered by Aaron wall from his site:

Myriad Meta Search Tool

seowebguide, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  3. nate_king1

nate_king1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can use their API, but you can use them in a commerical aspect you can go over a certain amount of queries, etc.

To start a real Meta-Search Engine you must pay to access their content.

XXXX search engine charges around 50cents per thousand queries..To give you an example.

nate_king1, Mar 12, 2006 IP