1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Meta Keywords are not showing...!!!

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by Akash Mishra, Jun 18, 2013.

Hi everyone, Yesterday I update meta keyword and description of my Joomla 3.0 website, but when I am checking the source code, I am only able to see meta description not meta keywords. Thanks in advance...!!!

Akash Mishra, Jun 18, 2013 IP
  2. Maestroc

Maestroc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My first thought would be to clear the site cache (if it is enabled) and then reload the page in your browser by holding down the shift key and hitting reload. If that does not fix it then take a look at the HTML and let us know if there is a meta keyword statement anywhere.

On a related note, Google and many others no longer bother to look at your meta keywords for ranking purposes. In fact, many SEO companies suggest that you not even include them since they allow your competitors to see what keywords you are targeting.

Maestroc, Jun 23, 2013 IP
  3. sigmainfo

sigmainfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Clear cookies and check again. Alternatively, Joomla has limitations while adding keywords, you need to check if you are following the Joomla T&C's.

sigmainfo, Jul 2, 2013 IP
  4. G2K

G2K Peon

Best Answers:
    Another thing to check is whether you are using any kind of automatic meta generation plugin, as it may be pulling the values from there. If you have a menu item associated to that page, check it's meta settings as well.

G2K, Aug 5, 2013 IP