1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Meta Description not being used

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by easyresume, May 24, 2006.

I assume it's a Sitemaps problem as it's the only thing I've used to index my site - http://easyresume.com.au

I have a meta description but instead Google has chosen to ignore it and use some of my accessibility links instead!

Grrr... I resubmitted yesterday to see if it would fix the problem but no update as of yet.

Has anyone else come across this problem before?

best regards to you all!

easyresume, May 24, 2006 IP
  2. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nothing to do with sitemaps. Google chooses whether to use your meta tags or your content.

As your site gets more links and google can define a theme for it you will see things change. The snippet also changes for each different search query.

mad4, May 24, 2006 IP
  3. easyresume

easyresume Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah I see. I've never seen Google use anything other than the meta description before. Surely they wouldn't use non paragraph text for a description though?

I've got an H1, H2 and H3 to choose from as well as plenty of p!

easyresume, May 24, 2006 IP
  4. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes they use descriptions and titles that do not even exist on your site. Like the DMOZ description for example.

mad4, May 24, 2006 IP