1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Meta description does not show up in Google results - any suggestions?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by SEO4hire, Nov 25, 2009.

Hello all. I recently built an affiliate site, and quickly got it up to #5 for one of the keywords that I am targeting. When I checked the rankings, I noticed that only part of my title tag is showing, and my meta description is missing (see example here - my site is growlongereyelashes.com)

I am using All-in-one SEO, and all of the meta sections are filled in accordingly, and under Settings->Privacy->Blog Visibility, I have "I would like my blog to be visible to everyone, including search engines..." selected. Any idea what the problem may be? Anyone else have this problem, and figure out how to fix it? If so, please let me know how to resolve it ASAP. I can tell by the low traffic numbers that people are avoiding my site because of this issue despite the fact that I am ranked #5.

You help would be greatly appreciated...

SEO4hire, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  2. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google dont use the meta description do they?

Why do you have 2 meta descriptions?

From your site:

<meta name="description" content="Tired of inadequate eyelashes? LashMantra's 100% Natural Eyelash Growth Serum gives you Thicker, Longer and Darker Eyelashes in less than a month!"

<meta name="description" content="Tired of inadequate eyelashes? LashMantra's 100% Natural Eyelash Growth Serum gives you Thicker, Longer and Darker Eyelashes in less than a month!"

The 2nd one being from all in one seo.

pipes, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  3. kush86

kush86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Double check your Privacy settings as I had the same problem with one of my websites. Install "Platinum SEO" much better than all in SEO. This such fix your problem in a few days.

pipes yes, Google use the meta description. They don't use meta keywords.

kush86, Nov 25, 2009 IP
    pipes likes this.
  4. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks kush86, i didn't know, theres that much information out there that i struggle keeping up at times with what is used, what isn't and what does what regarding the search engines. :)

pipes, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  5. kush86

kush86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You welcome, SEO is always changing so its hard to keep up with things. It's hard for me to keep up somethings. However, I am subscribed to seo blogs and have a few seo friends that won't let me forget the new things going on. lol

kush86, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  6. bob25

bob25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If it shows on your page (not on Google's listings) then give it some time if you just updated it. Google's pages are cached, you may be seeing an old page that hasn't updated yet.

bob25, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  7. SEO4hire

SEO4hire Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the suggestions. I guess I will give it a few days, then switch to Platinum SEO if it hasn't changed yet. It is frustrating, since I know I am losing traffic without the description there.

SEO4hire, Nov 25, 2009 IP
  8. PopaWoody

PopaWoody Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is AIO SEO enabled? Does your theme have any SEO features? Thesis theme can cause havoc with AIO SEO. I prefer to turn OFF AIO if using thesis or a theme with any SEO options

Mike

PopaWoody, Nov 26, 2009 IP