1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mesothelioma $160, on AdSense?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Lawsuit, Nov 28, 2004.

From my personal experience with a Mesothelioma site, I know for a fact that I am not getting paid $160 a click. But Overture says Mesothelioma is worth $160!

Now I am making roughly $1.01/click with AdSense on Mesothelioma, but I am wondering, does the rates on Overture in anyway relate to the rates on AdSense?

Check out Mesothelioma on Overture: http://uv.bidtool.overture.com/d/search/tools/bidtool/index.jhtml?Keywords=mesothelioma&mkt=us&lang=en_US&Partner=userbidtool

Something must be going right for them if there bids just keep going hire.

If Overture is paying $160 a click then hell, I want to sign with them...

My question is:

Are AdSense bids linked to Overture bids, or are Overture bids seperate?

Lawsuit, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  2. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    they're probably VERY similar for organic clicks from searches.

the meso-abuse is so high, no one will be paying much per click for content-matches (ie adsense ads).

find another way to get rich quick.

disgust, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  3. Lawsuit

Lawsuit Banned

Best Answers:
    I know, what I think is, people who can sign up with Overture arn't as needy to make Mesothelioma sites, as people who can sign up for AdSense (anyone can sign up for AdSense).

Overture is more filtered, but my question is, do people who actual sign with Overture and have Mesothelioma sites (which is probably very rare) get paid the $160? That's crazy money for one click!

Lawsuit, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  4. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    they pay it because they can afford to.

they can pay 160$ a click for legitimate traffic that might lead to a lawsuit or whatever it may be.

they can't pay 160$ a click for adsense because the numbers don't work for them. too many people abuse it, and the conversions/leads aren't working as well as they do for overture.

stop wasting your time with meso. build a real informational site on something you're interested in. you'll get more traffic, more money, and you don't need to worry about google kicking you out for creating sites explicity for the purpose of displaying ads.

disgust, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  5. Lawsuit

Lawsuit Banned

Best Answers:
    I am doing well, I am making other sites too, this is just a second site that is working for me.

Lawsuit, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  6. oziii

oziii Peon

Best Answers:
    I've noticed when I first start sites that my click value can be quite low but with time they go up in value. My theory is that Google somehow pays according to the legitimacy of your site - perhaps worked out by size of site, incoming links, page rank or some other means. I know people who get paid considerably more than others using the same key words and I wonder if this is the case in this situation also.

Just hypothesizing here.

oziii, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  7. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    My impression is that adwords advertiser adjust the cost per click on a specific publisher rather than google doing it for them

melfan, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  8. Lawsuit

Lawsuit Banned

Best Answers:
    I doubt that, lol theres like millions of mesothelioma sites, but w/e melfen.

Lawsuit, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  9. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    $160 per click would be interesting considering the maximum bid in AdWords is $100. So if the advertiser paid the maximum amount ($100), Google would be giving you even more money out of their own pocket. Doesn't seem like good business sense to me. :)

digitalpoint, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  10. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree there are millions but few are ligitimate sites most are garbage. I can just select legitimate sites and block others.

melfan, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  11. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    adwords advertisers cannot change their CPC based on content or google searches. only option available is to turn off content all together - and I suspect a lot of people do this, because of the junk sites out there that deliver tons of clicks but no sales.

lorien1973, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  12. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    you can always run two ad groups though- one with content matching on, one with it off.

disgust, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  13. tomecki

tomecki Peon

Best Answers:
    Or you should start advertising company like Overture or search engine :). Nothing is excluded.

tomecki, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  14. Lawsuit

Lawsuit Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, Mesothelioma only pays like $0.52 now, I want to make more sites, but I don't want to waste my time with sites that only pay $0.03.

Anyone know a word that pays $1+ on AdSense? Thanks.

Lawsuit, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  15. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    There's a top paying keyword site out there. It shows up a lot in this forum as an adsense ad. Its somewhere around $250, so I'm holding off on buying a membership until I have time to develop a few sites that will generate decent traffic. Does anybody have any experience with it? (something to the effect of toppayingkeywords.com)

nevetS, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  16. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a site:
    http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/top-paying-words.htm

Lists some. Not sure how accurate, but its free. Can't beat that. None of my sites fit in any theme over $3/click, but I figure its better to get high traffic than rely on low traffic words and get a lot per clic.

lorien1973, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  17. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I am just so sick about these stupid posts... people asking over and over about Mesothelioma, asking for a list with high paying keywords and related BS.

Really people, get a life! If you are thinking of building a site just to put on some adsense banners you are a really loser.

I have posted several times that Overture has NOTHING to do with adsense.

If a keyword paid $160 for a click, I would just build a site about it, put up some adense banners, and every day go to a different internet cafe and click on one ad. I would have 30 clicks and thousands of dollars by the end of the month.

Geez...

fryman, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  18. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    That's funny! Seriously, though.. Wouldn't that be the life? Going to like 10 iNet Cafes a day, drinking coffee, surfing the web, getting other work done, click on a link before you go, and onto the next one. Then off to the Ritz to spend the night.. Man, I think you have come up with a new way for the homeless to make money. Instead of hitting everyone up for some change, they can just click and go. What a concept!

Mia, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  19. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the market size for M word is fixed, it won't get bigger 'cause more people create more M word sites. The payout will go down for sure. There're lot of opportunities where you can earn $1 or more a click.

dejaone, Nov 28, 2004 IP
  20. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not hard figuring out what nets more than a buck a click. Just make a list of what you think is searched for that would cost quite a bit of money, the research each of those keywords for niches. No one is going to give you the keywords you're looking for. And if the market is highly saturated, you can bet you wont get much of that pie without a lot of time spent optimizing your site and building links.

Infiniterb, Nov 28, 2004 IP