1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Merging users in vB

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by dcristo, Apr 30, 2006.

With my vB board (which I just converted from phpBB) I have the issue where I have a new Site Admin user id. I see the feature in the admincp which permits you to merge two usernames. If you do this with the site admin user, would there be any issues? I really want the site admin to maintain the same post count.

dcristo, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't think there would be any issue... unless the user you were merging INTO didn't have admin privileges. Just to be safe, I would merge the users while logged in as the one you are merging INTO.

digitalpoint, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  3. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see any potential problems either...that's what the merge option is for ;)

GTAce, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Cool I figured. Just wanted to confirm it was ok doing it with the site admin user.

dcristo, Apr 30, 2006 IP
  5. GTAce

GTAce Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, just as anything else when modifying a forum...just be sure to back up first....even if something is meant to work, it doesn't always turn out this way - so backup your forums first and you will be fine.

GTAce, Apr 30, 2006 IP