1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Merchants using Alexa to judge their affiliates?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Matthew Sayle, Nov 2, 2015.

I just got "mocked" by a merchant because my 26 day old website has an Alexa rating of over 10,000,000.

He ignored my 12+ first page Google rankings, including my target keyword which has 1,900 searches per month.

Also, I am in the Roses niche - so my traffic is going to quadruple in 4 months.

Yet, this is what he sends me when I inquired about his program:

Hi Matt,

According to Alexa rankings (This is what is used in the marketing industry to rank global website popularity) Your ranking is currently 10,xxx,xxx. this means there are 10,xxx,xxx websites that are currently ranking higher than yours. Our current Alexa ranking 287,460. Here is a great video on driving traffic to your site: https://www.shopify.com/blog/15460013-how-to-drive-targeted-traffic-to-your-online-store-video

Best,

--

Is this guy for real?

Matthew Sayle, Nov 2, 2015 IP
  2. wwstewart

wwstewart Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He may be for real, but he definitely seems to be picky. Hard to make a judgement call on his personality without more than that to go on.

wwstewart, Nov 3, 2015 IP
  3. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I was only referring to merchants using Alexa as the sole judgement factor of a websites worth.

I am not asking if I should hang out with the guy.

Matthew Sayle, Nov 4, 2015 IP
  4. wwstewart

wwstewart Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was mostly referring to the very last line of the post. Sorry if I didn't seem clear on that. Yeah, it looks like he's serious. But a person's personality can go a long way in determining how they run a business. In this case, he sounds like a dude who thinks he knows everything about marketing and can't be questioned.

Of course you shouldn't hang out with him. He doesn't sound like he'd be willing to pay for the beer.

wwstewart, Nov 25, 2015 IP