1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Merchant Accounts - Which 1?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Weirfire, Mar 3, 2006.

Which is the fastest merchant account to set up and also the least hassle free?

I have a client who has very limited time who wants to get his website up and running asap. We would be looking for a UK merchant account and I had originally suggested protx to him to which he replied that it was going to take too long to set up with them.

Any experience shared on this would be appreciated. :)

Weirfire, Mar 3, 2006 IP
    mcfox likes this.
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Try starting your own bank if hassle is a definite requirement :D

Your own bank is always a good starting point. They know you so it should take less convincing. (Unless they know you and your debts :) .)

T0PS3O, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  3. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    Good point T0PS. I'm dreading the thought of it being some small bank that I'm going to have to integrate with the site. A repeat of HSBC is not what I want! :eek:

Weirfire, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  4. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    Being in the UK - it is going to take a little bit longer. Besides the local bank, also check out HSBC and Barclay's. In the United States, it usually takes around 24 hours or less.

Corey Bryant, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  5. Weirfire

Weirfire Language Translation Company

Best Answers:
    Don't make me jealous Corey!! It's gonna take us around 1 month to get something similar set up!

Weirfire, Mar 6, 2006 IP
  6. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    I really do feel for you guys. I would say that 50% of Americans at least think it is the same time frame. Most think I am downright lying when I tell them it is that time frame. And are afraid to wait so they decide to get it and then they are mad when they get approved! Vicious circle LOL

I do not see why it takes that long - heck some MAPs in the United States will support you if you have a presence here and it is usually about 5 days even then.

Corey Bryant, Mar 7, 2006 IP