1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Merchant Account ?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Cyclops, Mar 9, 2005.

Anyone here use or have used www.instabill.com for there Merchant account.
    For people outside the US it's not easy to get a decent merchant account so I am searching for a resonable one and have found that the downside usually comes out after you sign up for them. It's not the fine print you have to watch out for anymore, it's the notes after you have signed up :( .

Paypal is okay but you lose a lot of sales if you limit yourself to paypal only, people out there don't trust them, with good reason I might add.

Instabill claim to accept Visa, Mastercard and American express and additional credit and/or debit cards are also available upon request.
    They seem to accept most currencies.

The fees seem a bit high though......$99 per mounth account fee, .50 transaction fee, 2.35% service fee for US, 4.5% for those outside the US ouch, and they withhold 10% for 6 months, I can live with that charge so long as I do end up getting the funds.

Cyclops, Mar 9, 2005 IP
  2. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    My sister owns a merchant services company. Not much of a web presence since she mostly does retail work, but I do billing through her company. If that's the best you can find, I would think she can do better, but I'll have to ask her about international accounts. Most online company's won't negotiate rates because of their volumes, but the Mom and Pop's can sometimes do a little better.

PM me your contact info and I'll have her give you a call.

nevetS, Mar 9, 2005 IP
  3. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    It all depends on where you are located Cyclops. You can usually expect anywehere from 3-6% if you are not based in the United States. Having a United States merchant account is a little easier, but you need at least a US bank account and address. The discount rate is about 4% while, you are looking at usually a 5 day holding period with a monthly limit of $10,000.

Corey Bryant, Mar 10, 2005 IP
    Solicitors Mortgages likes this.
  4. raven2424

raven2424 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    doesnt paypal offer mechanct services?? but i think its mainly for US and Canada..

raven2424, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  5. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It would suck to get ripped off like that - 4%!!!! ouch How about 2.6% NO 5 day holding and no limit! So many people get ripped off, if you are in the states and you have good credit, you wouldn't have to pay that much.

In Australia, if you go to your bank do they offer merchant accounts?

debunked, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  6. Corey Bryant

Best Answers:
    Paypal supports 45 countires. Last February they added a feature so that if you were a US merchant with the proper account, your customers did not have to be a member of paypal. They also added more countries last month

7. Corey Bryant

Best Answers:
    Being in the states- we are easily trackable with a SSN, a Driver's license number and any other number the government gives us. Overseas, it is a little more difficult and then of course different laws apply as well. In the US, you are looking at about 2.39% (average), although that will be raise starting on 1 Apr

8. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry Corey, I thought you meant in the states for all those numbers.

debunked, Mar 10, 2005 IP
    Solicitors Mortgages likes this.
  9. Corey Bryant

Best Answers: