1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Menu items not showing

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by danramosd, Mar 30, 2010.

I want to make some template changes to my website thats online right now. I downloaded all the files and exported the database. The website runs fine locally except for one problem. When i go to edit the menus in the backend i can see all of the menus but none of the actual menu items appear. It shows how many menu items are published/unpublished for each menu but I cant actually see the menu items. The strange thing is that the menus actually appear and work on the front end. Anyone else have this problem?

danramosd, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  2. PalladiumHosting

PalladiumHosting Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi danramosd, I'm not sure I follow you. In Joomla admin, under menu's it will list each of your menu's. Click on a menu name nad you will see the items on that menu, and if they are top level or sublevel. You click on any item and it takes you to the configuration page for that item.
    As for seeing the actual menu as it will appear on your website, Joomla doesn't show that in the backend. The only place you see the actual, functioning menu is on your website, and this is normal for Joomla. If you aren't seeing the actual individual items under menus - menuname and just a list of menus, you are likely clicking menu manager. You should be able to see the items by clicking on a menu name under menus - or from menu manager click the little icon in the "menu items" column, third from the left.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
    PalladiumHosting, Mar 31, 2010 IP
  3. Asmi

Asmi Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi PallladiumHosting,

I have the same problem addressed in the actual thread. You said:
    This is the point where menu items does not show up as after clicking the "menu items" column you land on "Menu Item Manager" which is empty.

Asmi, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  4. phaedrustoday

phaedrustoday Peon

Best Answers:
    I have the same problem that manifested when my host upgraded PHP to 5.3.14 - my Joomla version is still 1.5.3There are numerous threads that suggest upgrading Joomla to a more recent version, but I am not sure that my template will work with the latest release of Joomla. I wanted to know if there is a way out to fix this issue without upgrading Joomla? If not, how do I ensure my template's compatibility with the latest Joomla release?TIA.

phaedrustoday, Jul 28, 2012 IP
  5. Asmi

Asmi Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi phaedrustoday,

Which version of Apache and MySQL are you using?

Asmi, Jul 29, 2012 IP
  6. phaedrustoday

phaedrustoday Peon

Best Answers:
    MySQL is 5.1.63I am not sure about the Apache version, though my config screen in Joomla (Admin --> System Info) shows that the webserver is Apache.

phaedrustoday, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  7. Asmi

Asmi Peon

Best Answers:
    Well! you have to try out different combinations of php and apache versions. If you are using wamp you can easily find out which versions of php mysql and apache are you using, you just need to click on the wamp server icon and you'll find the info.. As for your problem.. try out php version 5.2.9-1 with apache version 2.2.21.. you can download these versions at wampserver.com in the addons section.. just download and upgrade wamp.. hope this works :)

Asmi, Aug 12, 2012 IP