1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Menu Css issue

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Soupi, May 9, 2019.

Hello All,
    I am having a css issue where when you highlight the last item on the page this little border shows up.
    What can i do to fix it. The css is happening in .menu-tail-right.

On the test page I tried something different by doing this background-position: 111px -2px; but in different browsers the end right tail is not appearing properly.

Attached Files:

Soupi, May 9, 2019 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    We'd have to see the code and the site to say for sure, but already warning lights are going off in my head for the use of a possible "class for nothing" -- at least unless you really care about IE8/earlier just use ::last-child -- and that you're working in PX on something containing text, which means your menu is a giant middle finger to usability and accessibility norms.

oh wait, can just make out the URI in your screencap. I'm not sure what it is you're actually asking about with the "little border", but there's a LOT wrong with that page that needs to be fixed. DIV for nothing, presentational images in the markup, H1 inside a list where it's nonsensical gibberish, a lack of graceful degradation or logical document structure, clearing DIV like it's still 2003, static style in the markup, the train wreck laundry list of developer ignorance and incompetence that is jQuery, etc, etc...

Anyhow, could you better explain what the problem is? I'm not seeing any "little border" that would be objectionable.... though what I am seeing is a broken inaccessible menu because you used images for text, telling users with accessibility needs to go plow themselves. A likely result of letting some PSD jockey -- who THINKS they know what design is -- blindly slice up images, instead of building the elements accessibly with CSS and things like generated content, webfonts, etc, etc.

deathshadow, May 10, 2019 IP