1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mentor / Help Marketing New Site

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by *Sam*, Jan 22, 2016.

Hi,

I have tried various things over the past years but I have finally found something which I really think would work for me but I'm finding it difficult to get off the ground and have heard people talking about mentors and wondered if anyone could provide any help or even tips on what I am doing wrong.

I have built a new ecommerce website using wordpress and ecwid to sell some personalised crafts which I have been making. I have a number of products listed and think it is something which has a small place in the market and is something which people would want.

I made a facebook page and ran some facebook ads with offers to either gain likes or clicks through to the site and so far it's generated 250 likes but 0 sales. (Only one of the ads was aimed at my website getting clicks, others were purely for facebook likes). Ideally, I wanted to create a following on facebook so that future advertising to them is cheaper (using ads just to target my followers so that they all see the posts rather than a small percentage) or just to gain some traction and get people talking about it.

I don't want to post the link to my website here but would be happy to send it to anyone who thinks they can help. I have already spent around £50 on facebook ads testing the market and different approaches but I am a novice really.

I want to know if it sounds like a viable option to create a bit of a buzz on facebook. I have my ecwid store directly on my facebook page so people can buy straight from there.

Any help would be very much appreciated, really want to make this work but I have already put so much into it with zero return that I am just not sure how much longer I can keep throwing money at it.

Thanks in advance,
    Sam

*Sam*, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  2. ioZoom

ioZoom Member

Best Answers:
    Without knowing much about your site and craft I can say that FB is one of the best and cheapest ways to advertise and promote a product/website. What you should probably do is make sure you're targeting people who would be interested in what you got to offer to keep your ad spend costs down. Also being active on facebook by posting daily updates will keep people interested in your product.

ioZoom, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  3. Indiebrandbuilder.com

Indiebrandbuilder.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Sam, Here is an article I wrote on what we do for our ecommerce site, which sells well into the 6 figures.
    http://www.indiebrandbuilder.com/6-strategies-weve-used-to-increase-traffic-conversions/

It takes time and persistence to achieve anything so hang in there!

Indiebrandbuilder.com, Feb 9, 2016 IP