1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Members beware "LIKES"

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dave2013, May 9, 2013.

1. alanmark

alanmark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What a jerk. Spammers a such jerk.
    I like your comment on nailing down the spammer. If I would get such email I would surely report to Shawn with their user names.

alanmark, Jun 4, 2013 IP
    VukasinI likes this.
  2. The Can Man

The Can Man Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Kind of ironic isn't it... spammers using the anti-spam rules to generate new spam... hmmm... trying to eliminate spam is a vicious cycle!

The Can Man, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  3. Vision4DVD

Vision4DVD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL:D i didn't think it was possible to sell or buy likes. I initially was upset didn't have any like(s) despite gradually getting back on DP.

New rule: focus on giving back to this forum using expertise and skills. :)

Vision4DVD, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  4. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I had got one PM, like for $1. Reported that one and he was banned.
    But I see few guys are buying likes at seoclerks.com

pupul, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  5. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How stupid someone should be to ask to buy like for $1?? Does anyone on this planet need $1??? I just can't get that...

VukasinI, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  6. Neeni86

Neeni86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Earning likes is not very hard to do at all. I had "1" like already when digital point first changed their interface and just a couple of days ago I posted a comment that was apparently useful to some of the members of DP and I received "2" likes just for that comment. It is pretty simple. If anyone was so insecure about earning likes that they purchased a like, disobeying the guidelines and then posted an informative comment they would find that there are people that will give them the like that they "deserve"...it's just pure cheating to try and buy a like and might I add risky because you can easily get reported by an established member who obeys all of DP's guidelines...so be careful to those that are breaking the rules because it will eventually catch up with you! Just ask yourself is it worth getting banned?? ;)

Neeni86, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  7. Namesta

Namesta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    im guessing alot of people are after these likes, hell even i don't have any, but i applause the initiative selling this kind of stuff is a great way to destroy a forum.

Namesta, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  8. Howard Lim

Howard Lim Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm new to this forum, but hey even i know that spending money to get a like is cheating. Dont understand why these people dont want to just contribute something useful? Be a part of this community and i'm sure the community would appreciate you. :)

Howard Lim, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  9. thetabcompany

thetabcompany Active Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree. I have used this forum multiple times, driving business to the contest page. Always paying and giving traffic and business to DP member. Why do I need likes in other areas of the site to be able to continue contributing? I dont want to post in sections for the sake of getting a like and I use this site and CONTRIBUTE to the site in one area. I just dont understand it. I have multiple project I would like to post to contest but instead I take that business elsewhere. I know there are many other people who feel the same way as me who are willing to pay for likes!

thetabcompany, Jun 20, 2013 IP
  10. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn has always said, "designed from day 1 to be a benefit to existing (good users)." So, it's not some kind of God-given-right for you, me or anyone else (remember: DP doesn't benefit from BST as access is free - in fact, I would only imagine they get a lot of headaches from it). Rather, something that has to be earned and three likes (so damn easy to get) isn't exactly much or difficult (and much better than the old system). If you can't get likes, then you can always pay for premium membership. If you can't manage either, then just accept the system worked.

ryan_uk, Jun 20, 2013 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  11. thetabcompany

thetabcompany Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course it benefits DP. First of all no1 said they cant put a system in place to take a cut of all the contest and money transferred from DP sourcing, I would welcome that. Second, look at how many views the contests receive and tell me that traffic does not assist DP? That is a silly cop out.

thetabcompany, Jun 20, 2013 IP
  12. iceberg8

iceberg8 Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to understand that there are people (like myself) that come here in a hurry and need URGENT help (or topic in buy sell trade) and such games like 48 hours + X likes are weird.
    I'm not going to pay 25USD for 1 month membership, but would give you 5 USD for 1 topic in that area..
    The rest of themoney (20$) I would simply pay to the designer..
    This way the forum will let me down and I will have to find another one..

iceberg8, Jun 20, 2013 IP
  13. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just pretend the price of premium membership is the price to post a contest in your scenario that you would welcome. As a bonus, we'll throw in the ability for you to post additional contests for free. :)

digitalpoint, Jun 20, 2013 IP
  14. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I would say that is true, if DP were taking a cut from every transaction. It's not, so it's just poor quality traffic (for ads). Not only is there the issue that forum traffic is often not that great at converting, but people are mostly visiting with a very specific agenda. Three likes isn't challenging whatsoever. As long as you have a tiny bit of intelligence (beyond monkey excrement), you should be able to manage it.

ryan_uk, Jun 20, 2013 IP