1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Member for 11 years but not established

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by dinki, Feb 14, 2017.

Hey guys. I've been a member of the forum since 2006. I am not overly active but I do pop in on occasion. I like using the design contest forum for my websites and today I had hoped to post one for a Youtube channel I'm starting but see that I can't because I am not established.

I am not soliciting for users to like my post to get access but rather wonder if a moderator/admin can grant me permission. I certainly do not want to banned for asking but I was not able to find another way to contact admins.

Solved! View solution.
    dinki, Feb 14, 2017 IP
    Sorry but I can't see that happening. Even if it were technically possible to grant you some kind of waiver, that would in essence open up a Pandora's box. If they were to do it for you then others would demand the same, and then one might as well throw the rule book out the window.

Just contribute and those 3 likes will come your way in short order. Good luck to you with all.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 14, 2017 IP
  3. dinki

dinki Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ah yes, I hadn't thought of it that way. I certainly don't want to cause any trouble. Thanks for the advice.

dinki, Feb 14, 2017 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The date one makes an account has no bearing on them being a contributing user. When one goes half a decade between visits, it's pretty much the norm to not have accrued likes in that timeframe. :)

digitalpoint, Feb 14, 2017 IP
  5. dinki

dinki Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is that haha. I thought that perhaps my previous contributions would have sufficed, but again I do understand not opening Pandora's box

dinki, Feb 14, 2017 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    All reputation given by users in the past were automatically converted into likes. If you don't have any likes as part of that conversion, then historically no user thought your previous contributions were worth a +rep (or +like as it is now).

I haven't dug into what those previous contributions were or anything, just saying that likes were earnable from day one since all the old reps were turned into likes.

digitalpoint, Feb 14, 2017 IP
  7. dinki

dinki Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information.

dinki, Feb 14, 2017 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Look at this, when you started your thread you had no likes. But you now have 2 and only require 1 more. I don't know why some state that it's too hard to get established? I am willing to bet that by this time tomorrow, you'll be in.:)

Spoiltdiva, Feb 14, 2017 IP