1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Member area software

Discussion in 'PHP' started by schlottke, Feb 13, 2005.

Ok, here is what I'm currently working with, and would like some input as to what solution would best suit my needs from your point of views.

I have about 2,500 monthly subscription members who frequent a site of mine, which currently uses a product I created for the members area. This area contains News, articles, downloads, etc. The solution works fine, but it is time for a change and I don't want to have to personally do code upgrades.

What I would like to have is a solution that allows all members to submit these items, and it is necessary to have a subscription page where they can only create an account after they have purchased access.

I'm currently looking at products like PHP Nuke, Mambo, etc, and would like your input as to what addons I will need to make these things necessary, as well as any software I may be overlooking.

schlottke, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I like Mambo with the Community Builder addon. Has Letterman for the newsletters. Articles are standard. Haven't looked into downloads.

Sarah

sarahk, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  3. Juls

Juls Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i prefer mambo to phpnuke anyday....... ya there are some things that you currently have their you will have to custom make..... however many mod have been made for mambo so you never know.

:)

Juls, Feb 16, 2005 IP
  4. payoutwindow

payoutwindow Peon

Best Answers:
    I'l vote for Mambo as well. Far superior and very easy to configure and learn.

payoutwindow, Feb 17, 2005 IP
  5. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    sadcox66, Mar 2, 2005 IP