1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mellowhost.com is holding my website hostage and not giving me backups.

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by inaga, Apr 17, 2008.

Well, it all started when I canceled my subscription to my host through paypal.
    I think around that time I started not getting any replys to the tickets I submitted for support.

There was a problem with the host and it wouldn't allow me to make full backups through cpanel and I contacted the host at least 5 times before my hosting ended (I had 2 weeks or so before I canceled subscription)
    They replied me the first time that they will do it for me (the backups) but they never did.

Now my websites are all suspended and I am left without a backup and still no reply.

My host is http://www.mellowhost.com, They answer support tickets fast, until you fucking cancel your subscription.

If mellow-h is here I hope he sees this topic and can get my backups to me already.

inaga, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  2. Cameron [NetXHosting]

Cameron [NetXHosting] Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm sorry to hear about that... Mellow-H hasn't been around here for a while, I'm not sure why though...

There is not much you can do with situations like this... Good luck though! :)

Cameron [NetXHosting], Apr 17, 2008 IP
  3. Profit|Jacob

Profit|Jacob Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Cameron, don't say there is nothing he can do, It makes me want to do it myself :)

Inaga, please PM me or send me an email with some further details about the issue you have with this host.
    We would like to help you reclaim what you need. I am sure the host does not mean any bad things.
    If you want us as a mediator (middle man) to argue with the host in your name, please do not hesitate to contact me immediately. Most of these issues can be solved easily but they are communication problems.

Profit|Jacob, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  4. Freddy

Freddy Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Excuse me for asking... But why would a competing host go into an discussion / argue with a competing company and it's client as a middle man?

Freddy, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  5. Cameron [NetXHosting]

Cameron [NetXHosting] Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well we can't really do anything... We could interfere but it's most likely to make the situation worse ;)

Although I would be happy to help out if needed :)

Cameron [NetXHosting], Apr 17, 2008 IP
  6. Profit|Jacob

Profit|Jacob Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    They are not even close to competiting with us. We are based in Amsterdam.
    Our percentage of clients from that area (USA) is less than 5%.

What we are interested in is the market. Both consumers and suppliers need to be in a healthy relation to eachother.

Furthermore I am not only at this forum representing a host just because I work there. I am as well on this forum to deliver technical assistance, and to learn some new things in the progress.

Offtopic: Freddy, you must always understand that the reputation of other hosts is also very important for your own reputation. It is not just competiting against eachother, but it is also about creating a market to wich customers can come. Customers need to find out wich host is best. But most of all, they need to know the general hosting business does not consist of professional criminals. The reason? What would happen if the reputation of all hosts would be so bad, what do you think would happen if a company like Mc Donalds or Logitech for all I care, would join in the hosting business? People would know this company from other products, and a company like logitech could take away your nice little customers in a matter of days! And not just your customers, but the entire hosting market could collapse. People need to see the hosting providers as a group of professionals that actually DO know what they are talking about. We need to keep creating and supporting the market for all of us. Not just for yourself.
    You also need to realize that certain larger hosting companies actually are developping most of the programs you are using on a daily base to manage your own business.

Profit|Jacob, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  7. niceboy

niceboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hope mellowhost will see this thread and the customer gets what he wants.

I suggest the users to think twice before opting for a hosting company. Customer Beware!

nb.

niceboy, Apr 17, 2008 IP
  8. inaga

inaga Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I had great experience with this host. The first month was unimaginably good without any problems. Then I decided to move hosts unrelated to mellowhost being good/bad.

It doesn't make sense that they aren't suddenly replying tickets. If someone can try to contact them and link them to this topic so they can contact me that would be great.
    Thanks for the words of support.

I have 3 websites i need to move from that host onto a new host, and i'd like the complete CPANEL backup for each one.

inaga, Apr 18, 2008 IP
  9. mellow-h

mellow-h Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello inaga, i would like to apologize for the delay happened in generating your backups. We have no intention in having your site hostage. I do appreciate your business with us and would like to ask for apology in the matter.

I have informed Jack to sort the matter a few minutes ago. In my recent exchange, i saw it has been sorted by him. We couldn't provide the backups in time because of load problem, each time we went to generate the backups it created heavy load on the server causing downtime for clients. So we had to suspend the backup process to control the server load. I believe Jack has found a way to sort the load problem caused by Cpanel buggy backup script and fixed your matter already.

Please confirm me as soon as you find the issue resolved. If you still faces any sort of problem please do not hesitate to contact me back again.

I appreciate your concern regarding mellowhost, and definitely, our intention in providing the best service as always.

I would like to apologize again for the matter. I believe at the first time of backup generation we tried to inform you regarding this. Though, i agree backups are more important and these tickets should be taken care as fast as possible. And i regret in not being able to reply your ticket for more than 36 hours.

Hope this should have been sorted now.

Please let me know if there are anything else i can do for you.

mellow-h, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  10. inaga

inaga Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow, I got my backups. I should have made this topic earlier :).
    Thanks.

inaga, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  11. Profit|Jacob

Profit|Jacob Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Very good to hear that :)

Profit|Jacob, Apr 20, 2008 IP
  12. bgsebiosjr

bgsebiosjr Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well, it all started when I canceled my subscription to my host through their support.

There was a problem with the host (there are some viruses, some errors cpanel, mysql interruptions and file/folder atrributes, SSH is offered but they do not enabled), and it wouldn't allow me to make full backups through cpanel. They replied me the first time that they will do it for me (the backups) but it doesn't work.

Now my websites are all cancelled and I am left without a backup and still no reply.

My host is http://www.3ix.com,

bgsebiosjr, Apr 21, 2008 IP
  13. inaga

inaga Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I suggset you make a new topic and they will surely notice u.

inaga, Apr 24, 2008 IP
  14. Profit|Jacob

Profit|Jacob Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    They are juridically obligated to supply you with the backups.

That is, if they have them. If they have got the problems themselves, even though they must keep backups, they might not be able to guarantee up to date backups.

What I suggest to you is:

- Try to call them and email them, spam them like you should
    - Try opening topics on forums on wich you think they are as well available. Dont start calling them scammers and bad names, open a topic and ask the right questions. If you approach them, they will approach you.
    - If nothing helps, try contacting a group from your country related to consumer support. These groups are experienced in dealing with issues of consumers and they will try to contact the company as well.
    - If the backups are worth really alot, the fastest thing to do is to get a lawyer to attack them right now.

But remember, as you stated before, they have (had) problems themselves, so it might not be their own choice to leave you without backups. Do not forget to ask details about their problems!

Profit|Jacob, Apr 24, 2008 IP