1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mehmet vs. DigitalPoint (Copyright Infringement)

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by davidme, Aug 13, 2010.

It is unfortunate that the owner of this forum has forced my hand; but it is clear that I now have to sue this forum and the owner in federal court for copyright infringement. The owner of this forum has a total and complete disregard for the law.

Copyright Infringement

1) The user jack_40k grabbed a private statements I made on another forum and posted them within this forum under "Mehmet v. Paypal". jack_40K was so kind to send an email to digitalpoint.com and requested that digitalpoint remove my statement he posted without my permission. However, digitalpoint refused to remove the statement even when we both requested that they do so.

2) I own the copyright to my statements. However, DigitalPoint has intentionally ignored my legal rights and it is still displaying my statements on this forum under Mehmet v. Paypal posted under username jack_40K.

3) I have been trying to get digitalpoint to remove my statements wrongly posted by another member on this forum since November 2, 2009 with NO luck. These statements have prevented me from getting a job. That is why I posted it privately on the other website, which allowed me to delete the statements at any time. The knowledge that I could delete my statements gave me security in making the statements online at that time. I always intended to delete them. The only way someone could have grabbed my statements was by logging into the website. I have now been foreclosed from deleting my own statements because Digitalpoint and its owner refuse to honor my copyrights in my own statements. I now have NO choice; but to go to down to the Federal Court here in New York and file a copyright infringement suit against this forum and its owner. I have told the owner that is is what I would have to do and he simply ignored me.

4) Projected outcome. The federal court will request a copy of my copyright documents. Once presented, the federal court will ORDER DigitalPoint and its owner to remove my statements from this forum. The Federal Court will also impose a statutory fine on this forum. This is in addition to the attorney fees that this forum will pay to defend the action.....It will be impossible for them to win because I own the copyright to my own statements. Thus, I am assuming the fine will be high against them.

Mehmet vs. DigitalPoint

Stay tuned for updates. As I did with the Paypal lawsuit, I will keep you informed by making postings throughout the Internet and by uploading the actual legal documents filed against Digitalpoint and its owner.

I own a blog that gets #1 page rankings on Google. So you will be able to find this lawsuit by simply entering the words "DigitalPoint".

If this forum has violated your rights in anyway, please send me an email and I will present it to the Judge as a witness of the owner's bad faith behavior.

davidme, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  2. davidme

davidme Peon

Best Answers:
    I will also be posting updates on the Mehmet v. DigitalPoint lawsuit on my blog. Just Google "Badisse"

davidme, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  3. plog

plog Peon

Best Answers:
    Just to save everyone some time (not confusion though) here's the post he's talking about:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=631623

From everthing I've found, he's a non-victim looking for someone to sue. When you do google 'Badisse' you get the blog of a wanna-be ambulance chaser--technically he's a 'senior litigation paralegal' looking for class action lawsuits to start.

In case I haven't been clear enough and to give him more evidence in his future slander case against me--this guy's a douche.

plog, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  4. davidme

davidme Peon

Best Answers:

Notice how he does NOT dispute that it is my statement posted on this forum by another member who did NOT have permission to do so. Notice again how he does NOT dispute that my statement is copyright protected. Thus, the statements are protected by law. The same law this forum has ignored. Therefore, the statement by "Plog" is ignorant and the babble of an immature child. Plog is also a COWARD as he hides his identity while insulting others.

To all the intelligent and mature people. There are clearly ridiculous and immature people here. These types of people never get far in life. Simply ignore them.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
    davidme, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  5. Unknown Infinity

Unknown Infinity Peon

Best Answers:
    Mine, yours, his .. who gives a damn ? As plog already said, you sound like a kid who's just preparing for his first academical work. EVERYONE can sue ANYONE for ANYTHING they like so this thread is just a show-off.

Unknown Infinity, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  6. Kheira

Kheira Peon

Best Answers:
    This topic is for LEGAL ISSUES. If you have a problem with OP venting himself about a legal issue then go to another forum topic.

I agree with OP. There are a lot of people stealing trademarks and copyrights with no concern (illegal music and movie downloads). They let other people suffer the work, cost and time and they just come in and steal their work. These people are nothing more than crooks. And they need to be treated like crooks.

If digitalpoint did infringe on your statements, I think you should take them to court if they refuse to remove it. I'm sure they would sue you too if you did the same thing to them.

good luck

Kheira, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  7. Budster2005

Budster2005 Peon

Best Answers:
    so your sueing digital point for a post?? sounds pretty lame, are you american by any chance?

Budster2005, Aug 13, 2010 IP
    Chuckun likes this.
  8. Hollow

Hollow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pathetic. ⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠⁠

Hollow, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  9. abbiati50

abbiati50 Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have some school Homework to do ??
    or you work to earn a living ??

i would not waste my time !

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
    abbiati50, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  10. ESell

ESell Peon

Best Answers:
    This is obviously aimed at the main administrator of digitalpoint so I don't know why you are all posting saying all this crap.

ESell, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  11. plog

plog Peon

Best Answers:
    No, this thread is aimed at the entire community--that's why everyone has access to it. Notice his last sentence soliciting others who have been violated to contact him--he's a class action ambulance chaser. If he wanted to aim his message at the main administrators there are ways to contact them directly and privately. And if this truly is going to be a lawsuit there are legal steps involved in contacting DigitalPoint--none of which involve posting about his impending case on the forum that wronged him.

This thread is a 'See How Big My Dick Is' thread. He wants attention and to feel important.

He's like one of these people who screw up traffic by threatening to jump off a building or bridge. They just want attention and to feel important. If they're ultimate goal is to kill themselves there are plenty of ways to non-publicly accomplish that. Same with threatening to sue someone. If he's truly serious about his suit there's no need for him to make his case on this forum.

plog, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  12. furca

furca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    B. David Mehmet what brings you to digitalpoint?

furca, Aug 15, 2010 IP
  13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I really don't see the big deal. You want something removed, you get a court order and it gets removed. Its no different for you than anyone else.

sarahk, Aug 15, 2010 IP
  14. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That's just sad. (and not in a "I feel bad for you" kind of way. In the "wow, you're a loser" kinda way.)

browntwn, Aug 15, 2010 IP
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I missed that... for every potential employer who sees it and reacts negatively there will be another who can read between the lines, another who won't even search and probably another who doesn't connect the dots.

As for destroying your credibility here's a story about my sister...

Way back when she was young and naughty my big Sis dropped out of her nursing class and the Matron (training was in hospitals back then, not universities) wrote a reference saying she'd never be employed by the hospital again, not even in the laundry. Time passes and Sis realises she made a big mistake and reapplies to dozens of hospitals. Strange silence envelops her until one day she gets a call. During the interview she thinks shes doing really well but senses that something is going on. Eventually they tell her that they only called her in because they wanted to meet the girl behind the reference. They took her into their course and she shone the whole way through. She's since achieved post-grad qualifications and an MBA and is a director of one of the UK's hospitals.

If it can happen for her, it can happen for you.

sarahk, Aug 15, 2010 IP
  16. browntwn

Best Answers:
    The thread he wants removed was posted Jan 2nd 2008. It is August 2010 now. Seriously, time to move on. It is your act of posting threads like this which are drawing the negative attention you seek to avoid.

Also, isn't there a certain irony in that the post you want removed it all about your lawsuit threat against PayPal, and now you made a post about how you are going to sue DP. Hmm, why do I get the feeling you will be trying to get THIS post removed in the future. You do realize now that the facts will be posted in two threads and you have done nothing but multiple your imagined problem.

I do not even see what the big deal is:

browntwn, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  17. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google his name
    David Mehmet

wptheme, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  18. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    I love the bit on that thread where he says When Paypal violated me this week...

ouch. Don't bend down when Paypal's around :) :) :)

contentboss, Aug 16, 2010 IP
    Frost1 likes this.
  19. browntwn

Best Answers:
    Maybe he should have spent the last couple years working on a website or two around his name? Nah, lets just keep threatening to sue people.

browntwn, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  20. Brian1970

Brian1970 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Come on man!

Do you think posting this will help your case? I do not see how it could.

DP wont remove the post unless the law instructed the owner to do so and that won’t happen anytime soon.

Move on.

Thanks Brian

Brian1970, Aug 16, 2010 IP