1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

meetlocals.eu: social networking site vs datingsite

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by pilar, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    hi guys..

after 1 year of registration i am still considering what i will do with my domainname. I was thinking to build a social networking site with phpfox or make it a dating site. If i would start a datingsite, then i will start a site like plentyoffish.com targeted to people from europe because of the niche and my domain extension.. What do you think about my idea? I am willing to discuss this further and not just to ask the opinions. All help would be appreciated ;)

pilar, Jan 28, 2007 IP
  2. rzvagelsky

rzvagelsky Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dating sites are becoming saturated...what is your budget like?

rzvagelsky, Jan 28, 2007 IP
  3. pilar

pilar Peon

Best Answers:
    i have budget for around $5k..

pilar, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  4. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest to create a social networking site first as such site has many folds like business networking, dating, Romance etc, once you create good number of members you can get them in your dating site. There are a few niche sites doing well, I think there are still good scope of such business. :)

bobchrist, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  5. John Guanzon

John Guanzon Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Networking sites are saturated as well. Simply pick your passion and go with that, then if you can figure a way to profit from it, you get double the joy.

John Guanzon, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  6. pilar

pilar Peon

Best Answers:
    @John: well.. at the moment I run a few sites about my passion. But I also would like to start a social networking or dating site since last year. I don't believe it is saturated, maybe it is in some fields, but i do believe in niches. I think I have many possibilities with meetlocals.eu, but the question for me is what to do better.. ? Datingsite or social networking site. I like the idea of Bobchrist, maybe I will do that and try to catch two rabbits in once.

Any suggestions are welcome ;)

pilar, Jan 30, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.