1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Medical Fundrasing - DP members I need your advice

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by koda10, Apr 25, 2017.

Hi folks,

This week, I will start a medical fundraising campaign for my cause. I must make a complicate oral surgery ( I have a confirmation about cancer, and I need to make this surgery to avoid cancer. ) I know that anyone know in real life a person who have this terrible illness and many of you will understand my despair.

I have medical insurance but unfortunately they will not agree to support this kind of surgery ( oral surgery, implants, pills after surgery, 6 months recovery treatment etc ). I have some money raised ( about 15% of total cost ) but still need a lot.

Please let me know your advice about how to organize this campaign. I am a honest person ( like many folks on DP ) and I will not agree with spaming e-mails, black hat practice etc. After I thought about two days, I put everything on the sheet, here are my ideas :

- A Facebook page about my campaign . I can get about 30-50 Likes from my friends but how I can get hundreds or thousands of likes ? The more people find out about my cause, increase my chances of receiving donations

- The campaign will be started on Youcaring platform. Anyone of you have experience there? Can you help me with some advices?

- In the past, I found out that there are blogs or websites that agree to add banners for free about humanitarian cases. someone can give me a list with blogs and websites who agree with this?

- I've been trying to get in touch with some nonprofit organizations, but all asked me huge commision to work about my cause. I know and agree that every person who work for my cause need to be paid, but where do I find some decent organisations?

- I've been thinking about writing a few press releases but I'm not really good at it. Are there among you people who can give me a hand? Also, a list about best press release agencies who write about medical causes.

I hope I get a lot of idea from you. I prefer not to come up with ideas "Buy emails and after spam". I am 100% against spam e-mails.

Thank you from my heart for your time!

koda10, Apr 25, 2017 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    A family I got to know a while back all contracted lyme disease while working as missionaries in another country. They successfully ran a gofundme campaign and raised over $150,000 for their treatments. You mentioned youcaring, I'd suggest doing another campaign on gofundme.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    qwikad.com, Apr 26, 2017 IP
  3. iamalive

iamalive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wish you the best of luck
    out of curiosity how much would you need and where do you live?

iamalive, Apr 26, 2017 IP
  4. koda10

koda10 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Gofundme platform can be better? In fact, all fundrasing websites work in the same way. Total cost of treatment - about $30,000 .

koda10, Apr 27, 2017 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that it is either or for youcaring or gofundme. Certainly, gofundme is much better known than youcaring, but you should be able to run campaigns on both, and then you can hopefully benefit from both. Good luck with your health issues.

jrbiz, Apr 28, 2017 IP