1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

MediaHB official thread

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by MediaHB, Oct 29, 2013.

1. MediaHB

MediaHB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We charge our advertisers per action not per 1000 impressions. Please stop giving opinions as if you'd know everything. You have no clue whatsoever of how we work with our advertisers.
    Yet... I fail to understand why you are trying to drag me into this argument.
    Further more... are you some sort of e-psychologists or something? This is actually funny... You claim to know everything about me and the company I work for...
    Criticism is constructive... Yours is not criticism but self praise. In short words it's something like "Look how cool and smart I am...You aren't"
    Your 12 years experience should've also taught you that it's always better to deal with a fair man rather than a nice one.

Anyway... I'll stop giving course to this pointless conversation. I wish you 2 guys best of luck with your business / websites.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
    MediaHB, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  2. MediaHB

MediaHB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Our direct advertising service is now in active in Beta phase.

You can now advertise on MediaHB for a flat rate of $0.35 USD per 1000 impressions.

We guarantee a CTR of above 0.50%

MediaHB, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  3. Tony Phan

Tony Phan Member

Best Answers:
    Can you tell me why my eCPM lower time by time?
    Last month average eCPM more than 0.2 but now only 0.07.

Thanks

Tony Phan, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  4. MediaHB

MediaHB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Please contact one member of our staff via live support. We don't answer such questions here.

MediaHB, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  5. LennonNZ

LennonNZ Active Member

Best Answers:
    How can you guarantee a CTR above 0.50%? Do you send random bots to someone's website if they go below this?

LennonNZ, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  6. MediaHB

MediaHB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We do not allow direct advertisers campaigns to be shown on websites with a CTR below 0.50%, plus our network average CTR is around 1.80%.
    Now... before you asked that question about bots mr. LennonNZ, what made you think that way? Is that what you would be doing if you were to guarantee a 0.50% CTR?

MediaHB, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  7. LennonNZ

LennonNZ Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just couldn't see how you could guarantee a CTR of 0.50% or above. Its a strange thing to advertise as you have no control over where people put their adverts and the people who go to the website.

What you could say is something more like. If your CTR goes below 0.50% we will be disable your account to protect our advertisers .Saying that you will guarantee a CTR (which you have zero control over can't be controlled on your side) isn't so good in my opinion.

8. LennonNZ

LennonNZ Active Member

Best Answers:
    Update: just noticed you where guaranteeing a 0.50% or higher for your advertisers (not your publishers). So if a publisher goes below 0.5% CTR do you disable their account?

9. MediaHB

MediaHB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No. Publishers have to have an overall CTR of 0.10% in order to prevent their account from being terminated. However, 80% of our publishers have CTR rates of above 0.50%

MediaHB, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  10. Gadze

Gadze Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello.
    can u tell me what is the limit of CTR?
    i know that i don't have to be under 0.5%
    for example i had 5200 impression / 50 clicks / CTR 1.02% / Revenue $4.82 USD.
    if i had 100 clicks / CTR 2.01% would it raise my earning? and also what is the limit of CTR, i mean if i have CTR 4-5% will it affect on earning and also will i be banned because of high CTR? someone told me that i shouldn't get CTR more than 1%, is it true?
    Thanks.

Gadze, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  11. MediaHB

MediaHB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Since we're a performance based network the more clicks you have the higher the chance that you'll get conversions will be. If you get conversions your earnings will increase.

MediaHB, Mar 13, 2014 IP
  12. LennonNZ

LennonNZ Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not talking about MediaHB but There is really no limit of Click Thru rate and the CTR rate depends on how the adverts look/placement etc. I've have some adverts which have 10%-20% CTR on different networks (but they may crap) and seen 5% on other networks on average.

Getting 1% CTR is actually low! If you are getting that then maybe your placements of the adverts isn't that good/your ad network gives you crappy adverts which aren't that exciting for users etc. There are lots of reasons why you may get a low CTR.

CTR = Click Thru Rate.. Ie the percentage of clicks per impressions.. 100 impressions, 5 clicks = 5% CTR, 1000 impressions with 100 clicks = 10% CTR etc

what you are more interested in in the eCPM/RPM (Revenue per 1000 impressions).

1000 impressions with 10% CTR with adverts paying $0.10/per click would make you $10 ($10 RPM/eCPM)
    but
    10000 impressions with 5% CTR with adverts paying $0.25/per click would make you $125 ($12.50 RPM/eCPM) <- this is better

LennonNZ, Mar 13, 2014 IP
  13. LennonNZ

LennonNZ Active Member

Best Answers:
    So MediaHB.. you are a CPA (Cost Per Action which mean they have to click on the Advert and do something after they click on in) not a CPM Network as you said in the first Post.

You might want to change your Description on your first post.

Also to note. you say on your homepage "As of 8th of March we will only pay for unique views only." so will not count all your users due to 1IP=1User which these days is not true.

LennonNZ, Mar 13, 2014 IP
  14. debapriya deb

debapriya deb Active Member

Best Answers:
    You nailed it to perfection. MediaHB (and a few other new ad networks) claims to be a CPM network, which they are NOT. It's clearly evident from their response that they are either a performance driven network or serve a mixed bag of ads (CPC, CPA and may be few CPM). I don't understand what it is that prevents them from accepting this fact in the first place. It's not right to deliberately share misleading information just for roping in more clients.

Just my 2 cents!

debapriya deb, Mar 13, 2014 IP
  15. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But wait. "Please stop giving opinions as if you'd know everything. You have no clue whatsoever of how we work with our advertisers."

" Our direct advertising service is now in active in Beta phase.
    You can now advertise on MediaHB for a flat rate of $0.35 USD per 1000 impressions.

We guarantee a CTR of above 0.50% "

I think we have a clue now.

oh, the real question is how can you guarantee an advertiser a 0.50% CTR if you do not immediately ban publishers who do not maintain a 0.50% CTR????? actually to get specific... how can you guarantee an advertiser a 0.50% CTR when only 80% of your publishers achieve this...

But wait... I'm giving my opinion and I have no clue how they work with their advertiser (mean while they are charging premium rates and guaranteeing something in 1 post and contradicting it in another).

So how can you guarantee an 0.50% CTR when you only require your publishers to maintain a CTR of over 0.10%???? which even that I think is a lie considering some of the publishers I have seen running mediahb tags (which I mentioned earlier in this thread).

wrekoniz3, Mar 13, 2014 IP
  16. MediaHB

MediaHB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here he goes again :)) We can GUARANTEE a min CTR of 0.50% by simply displaying direct advertisers' ads only on websites that have above 0.50% CTR in that specific moment when the ad is shown. It only takes a little programming to do that... Was it hard?

Further more, to answer debapriya deb, we are a CPM network. Let me explain. Since we pay our publishers on a CPM basis, what does that make us? Do we pay you per action? No... We pay you per 1000 impressions. BUT! Tell me 1 network that will allow you to send like 2-3 million impressions with 0 clicks / conversions and you'd still keep your account and still get your payment.

An ad network works like this ( it isn't that hard ), we fetch campaigns from various advertisers which want conversions ( sales / leads / subscriptions / registers etc etc ). We display them on your websites via a self serving platform or a 3rd party platform ( appnexus right-media etc ) or both. The way the network decides on how to pay it's users it's its choice completely whether the network pays per action / click / thousand impressions. Us for instance pay the publishers per thousand impressions. THAT MAKES US A CPM NETWORK.

Give it a rest people... Neither of us is gaining anything from this pointless argument. Plus I don't know what you're trying to prove in the first place...

MediaHB, Mar 14, 2014 IP
  17. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Its not an argument, people are asking good questions and you just don't like it.

Do you base the CTR over the course of a month? day? hour? minuet?

I'm confused in what you mean when you are trying to tell me how a network operates. So do your advertisers in particular want conversions? Also out of all of your advertisers how many pay flat rate CPM's?

By the way, I noticed the owner of your network also owns Ro2.biz. I'm wondering why have 2 networks instead of putting all of your effort into 1 and building 1 great company?

wrekoniz3, Mar 14, 2014 IP
  18. MediaHB

MediaHB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Look... you are trying to ask smart questions here... Like what in the world is any of your business of why the owner of the network would have another instead of sticking with one? MediaHB provides floating banners, Ro2.biz provides static ones, plus approval system etc... . It's like asking why Mercedes has a C class as well as an ML class... It's OBVIOUS. Those 2 are DIFFERENT and can NOT be combined.

The bottom line is as it follows... You ARE trying to praise yourself by making others look bad ( you're not really good at it to be honest ). If that's how you operate then it's fine by me. Neither you or any other network is going to get too high as long as you dedicate so much time for this pathetic action of making others look bad... Please mind your own network, business, thing or whatever you do for a living.

MediaHB, Mar 14, 2014 IP
  19. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    You sound completely pathetic. I am asking you questions cause I don't know about your network. If it was obvious I wouldn't be asking, and they can't be combined under 1 network? So those networks who provide different ad types like pops, floating banners, and static banners are just doing the impossible i guess? Oh wait, they are combining different "classes" as you would call it because the network named "Mercedes" in this case provides various products. Wow difficult concept.

The real bottom line is you provide a public service, your attitude sucks, no one is praising them selves, you don't even know what I do for a living. I'm asking questions because these are questions which people ask and you would rather be rude. Instead of worrying about what a potential client is good at or not, you should be focused on having a good understanding of your business and industry because you clearly don't. You would rather be rude, and skip questions while blaming everyone else for why you sound stupidly unprofessional.

I'm not making you look bad, people are asking you questions and you are making your self look bad.

I wouldn't buy a roll of toilet paper from you.

wrekoniz3, Mar 14, 2014 IP
  20. MediaHB

MediaHB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would advise you to refrain yourself from using such language with me. I have no interest in your frustrations. As for your language... Your language and insults alone represent as clear as it can get the type of person you are and the way you approach others.

This conversation between us will stop here.

MediaHB, Mar 14, 2014 IP