1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

media="print" media="screen" -~

Discussion in 'CSS' started by irka, Jan 24, 2006.

If anybody can explain to me how to print and use my website for all kind of UA such as PDA, pocket computer and so on it would be very great and kind.

Just a tutorial on how to print from CSS and how to show a website to a very reduced resolution UA

Thankssss!!! :)

Cheers :p :p

irka, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  2. FeelLikeANut

FeelLikeANut Peon

Best Answers:
    Part of the idea of CSS is that any UA can choose to ignore any graphical information that it can't handle. So you don't have to worry about that, as long as your page still makes sense and is usable without any styles at all.

FeelLikeANut, Jan 24, 2006 IP
  3. irka

irka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No but actually i use CSS for my layout and graphic design on the html, i checked with the print preview on any browser, Opera 8 Netscape 8 Mozilla FX IE etc... no there is still a problem, some text is missing or i don't know the titles are transparent or light grey...
    Really that could be very helpful if you can give me a hand on that stuff!

Thanks !!
    CheerS!!

irka, Jan 25, 2006 IP
  4. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    misohoni, Feb 5, 2006 IP
  5. AWD1

AWD1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Usually if text is missing, it's because of one of these problems within either the elements themselves or their parents/grandparents/great-grandparents/etc.

display: none;
    visibility: hidden;
    height: 0;
    width: 0;
    position: absolute; (buried outside of the realm of the page).
    CSS width set greater than the width of the page. I try to keep my widths less then 640 pixels for print reasons. Quite often, I'll eliminate the side menu in a layout. This can cut anywhere from 100-200 pixels out of a layout usually.

Check for these things first. If not, then you may want to show us the page itself. Maybe then, we'll see it.

AWD1, Feb 5, 2006 IP
    minstrel likes this.