1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Media.net -- Big Disappointment!!!

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by cozmic_, Oct 30, 2012.

[​IMG]

One of my website was accepted to Media.net ads program. This is my last 3 days revenue table. look at Oct 26 and Oct 28 . I have never seen an ads program that gives ZERO$ for 4271 impressions . I sent an email to them and asked the issue. But they did'nt return to me. I think they are succers and media.net cannot be even %5 of Google Adsense!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
    cozmic_, Oct 30, 2012 IP
  2. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks, please let us know when you have more stats, the second day at RPM $1.21 was low but still not as bad as other days, so let's see what future days will be like.

JamesColin, Oct 30, 2012 IP
  3. cozmic_

cozmic_ Member

Best Answers:
    I sent another email to them and inform the situation again. My website is business finance related so this rates are very low. They didn't update the revenue report for oct 29 and oct 30. I will write the reports here when it will be updated.

cozmic_, Oct 30, 2012 IP
  4. johnypages

johnypages Peon

Best Answers:
    they dont sound too trust my friend , try other ppc

johnypages, Oct 30, 2012 IP
  5. cozmic_

cozmic_ Member

Best Answers:
    For Mon, Oct 29, 2012 impressions 5193 revenue is $0.00 . media.net is definitely a SCAMMER. It is proved. Now i am removing their ads from my website.

cozmic_, Oct 30, 2012 IP
  6. Iasmina26

Iasmina26 Member

Best Answers:
    The next step is to disable your account, and all your work will go out .
    I strongly advice any future publisher NOT to sign up with Media.net even they tell you it's a Yahoo!Bing deal.

Iasmina26, Oct 31, 2012 IP
  7. farasens

farasens Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been with Media.net for a while, but enough to have an idea about them. I am not affiliated with them in any way, so this is my opinion only. Media.net is way better than Adsense in various places, but also a good plus for your website. Media.net makes me even 10 more times than Adsense in places where Adsense doesn't do so well. Maybe 20 x more times than Adsense. Why is that? Because Media.net has been working with me for at least a month to optimize the ads and make sure they fit my readers profile.

I tested Adsense ads for around 10,000 search visitors and it only made me around 3 dollars or so. Media.net made me $20+ dollars for the same adspots. I don't say Adsense or any other ad network is bad, I only say that Media.net is a great alternative is you have time and patience to make it worth it.

I can't speak for RPM, but with enough traffic you can make a good amount of money with Media.net.

Another plus - they always answer emails to me in time (sometime after 24-48 hours, sometime sooner), even before I'd make more than $1-2 dollars per day with them. What I love about an ad network is communication, yet they communicate. And they deliver.

In conclusion - at first the earnings were a lot lower than today, but with time and weeks of testing the earnings will grow. I don't earn anything by telling you this, but trust me - I was unsure about Media.net for months, until I tested them and took the time to give it weeks to make it work. And it works.

So, test it for a couple of weeks. Communicate with your manager. If it doesn't work, you have nothing to lose (I know I haven't). But if it works, you might have a nice chunk of money in your pocket.

farasens, Nov 23, 2012 IP
    sunilmamo likes this.
  8. UnSkeen

UnSkeen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Chin up, it's all just a con. Weird how they've not been put down.

UnSkeen, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  9. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I highly doubt Media.net is scamming anybody here. You are talking about a huge company that has plenty of money and could probably care less about the little 4k-5k impressions you send per day. If anything, you probably need to check where your traffic is coming from, what country they are in, or how they are performing on your site.

I would be willing to bet the problem isn't Media.net here.

FPForum, Nov 23, 2012 IP
    Phooey likes this.
  10. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    "It has been proven" Would be the correct way of saying it...
    -
    You did not prove anything to us other than you just want to trash talk them.
    How do we know if you know what you are doing? We don't know if you had good ad placement... Don't know if you blended them correctly.... Why should we just take your word for it...?
    Would be better if you could give some more reasoning and proof rather than just show us you just want to talk shit.
    -
    I have heard some promising things about them. And sounds like they are a newer company, I could be wrong, but if they are, they will just get better in time. Hopefully they do. Would be nice to see somebody actually compete with Adsense. I make decent money and would be willing to switch if I thought I could make more. I will be checking them out when I get time too.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
    indyonline, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  11. cozmic_

cozmic_ Member

Best Answers:
    "It is proved" is a "simple present" sentence. It can be always proved. My opinion is that Media.net is still a scammer network. I placed their one ads unit (600X250) to just under the title of all posts and placed second ads unit (300X250) to top of the sidebar. 3rd ads unit (336X280) placed to the end of each post. Niche is Business-Finance. Most of visitor s come from search engines and from USA. Result is : 5193 impressions and revenue is $0.00 . This is a disaster! I won't use their network. I asked them to close my account, but i haven't been replied yet.

cozmic_, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  12. farasens

farasens Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, they are a newer company. I've heard first about them about a year ago or so. What made me write this post and give it a shoot (to Media.net) is that their platform can add a good chunk of revenue in places where other ad networks fail to deliver (like Adsense or others). I'm always searching for newer, but trustful ad networks to make extra money from different ad spots.

One thing to consider about Media.net (but other ad networks too) is that you need to test ad placements & colors a lot to make extra cash. The good thing about Media.net is that you don't have to try colors and new designs for ads yourself. They test the colors and designs for you and considering you have a good amount of traffic and they do a lot of tests with that traffic, you can make good money with time. In my case it took me about a month and over 300,000 unique visitors for them to test the ads and see what's working and what's not. It paid off. But it could be different from case to case.

Furthermore, I recommend to all of you to test Media.net ads for at least a month. Test it first in a place (space on your website) where other networks failed to deliver or where you consider you couldn't make any money. Just put the ads there and let the Media.net team design it for you. It could be a surprise.

farasens, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  13. cozmic_

cozmic_ Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly I decided to try it more than 2 weeks. But I'm not rich enough to see more possible "Zeros" :)

cozmic_, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  14. indyonline

Best Answers:
    So because you failed they are scammers...? lol that is pretty ignorant... other people have had success, as posted above. Just because you failed does not make them "scammers". Maybe their program just ain't right for you, doesn't mean it ain't for anybody else...

15. cozmic_

cozmic_ Member

Best Answers:
    If you think that 0.0$ is normal for 12641 ad impressions (3 days) you should go a doctor. What i can say more...

cozmic_, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  16. indyonline

Best Answers:
    Could have swore "proved" was past tense but ok...

17. indyonline

Best Answers:
    Did I say it was normal...? NO I didn't... Don't put words in my mouth...

venturefox likes this.
  18. cozmic_

cozmic_ Member

Best Answers:
    So are you a lawyer of media.net? Have you ever tried their network. Please share your experiences with them instead of analyze my grammar!!!

cozmic_, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  19. indyonline

Best Answers:
    Please reread my previous post, while we're making request, and you will find the answer to your own question.... =p

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  20. cozmic_

cozmic_ Member

Best Answers:
    My reply was quite clear. I have reports, images etc. Show your own reports so we can conclude this network by comparing each experience .

cozmic_, Nov 23, 2012 IP