1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Media - Getting a bit judgemental?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Josh Inno, Apr 3, 2007.

Over the past few days I've been listening to some news reports from Fox News online (I'd balance it with CNN but they'd make me pay for the privilege) and while I'm seeing some relatively good journalism, I've seen a huge amount of judgmental commentary rather than impartial reporting of facts.

Several of the hosts have pretty apparent opinions, and insult others rather regularly. For example, on "Kelly's Court" the 'reporter' generally interviews lawyers, then editorializes and usually takes one side or the other, and in a recent edition called a group of people 'baffoons'.

"Smilie OReilly" has, in the past, likened people who have a gender identity opposite to their physical sex as being like people who want to go around dressed up as Dracula.

At what point did 'fair and unbiased' come to mean "insult to those who don't think like the news host"?

In another program, I saw two different hosts with polarly opposed views interviewing a single expert witness guest. Apparently rather than an impartial reporter or host trying to balance an issue with two disagreeing 'experts' (which doesn't always give a balanced perspective btw) the network is putting up two hosts with opposing biases to try to balance it.

Josh Inno, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  2. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The mainstream media is bloody awful mate. It is completely biased.

As for that fook Bill O'Reilly you need to see my Snoop post in the entertainment forum. :D

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=286773

AGS, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  3. Josh Inno

Josh Inno Guest

Best Answers:
    One of my friends was talking about something similar the other day, and just linked me to a rather humerus video on JibJab, that's rather germane to the topic. It's what we call the news.

4. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    Your first problem stems from the fact that you were watching fox news.

1EightT, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  5. Josh Inno

Josh Inno Guest

Best Answers:
    I generally prefer CNN, but no TV at work, and Fox has a free news feed.

Hmmm. Commenting by PITA on a hunting joke. *head thunk*