1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Media Buying

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by kb24, Nov 29, 2013.

I would like to get into media buying. I know its basically placing banners on websites. But where can I learn to do it? Im looking for a mentor or a site that teaches it.

Or is it just a matter of learning it yourself by doing? I have been reading other forums and they say that you can lose money quickly if you don't know what your doing. This is whats stopping me from diving it and learning it on my own. Ive also looked at youtube videos its helped a little. I would like to learn on my own the only way is by doing. So Im not sure which way to go.

Ive also read threads on here about the subject.

Thanks for your feedback..

kb24, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  2. tbtoyl

tbtoyl Active Member

Best Answers:
    media-buying can be different things. For example many people don't use ppc anymore and they go for ppv (ppv = pay per visits). It depends on your niche/marketing

tbtoyl, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  3. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone else with feedback?

kb24, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Here are some very top-level basics for getting started:

1. Know your target market. You must understand what causes your best prospects to buy, what interests them, what media venues they might frequent, etc.

2. Know your media options. To make an intelligent choice, you must have researched all potential media outlets, understand their focus, their readership demographics, etc. And, of course, you must completely understand their pricing model.

3. Know your competition. Who else will your best prospects consider, where do they buy media, what is their value propostion and positioning, etc.?

4. Know your metrics. Establish goals and the processes/systems to measure the KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) so that you can track progress from Day 1.

5. Test, test, and then test some more. Note that every product and/or service presents unique variables that are not known at first and these variables will sometimes have a dramatic effect on results. You have to set up your media campaigns with multiple tests of message, offer, targeting, etc. and then pay close attention to what is working and what is not. Adapt quickly to optimize your next campaign and realize testing is an ongoing, never ending process.

jrbiz, Nov 29, 2013 IP
    kb24 and Alin Alex like this.
  5. kingde

kingde Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The definition of media buying is changing pretty much. It used to be more for buying high volume placements via a broker/agent but now a good majority is self service and smaller scale entry. The main thing to consider is: Do you have your own offer which converts with cold traffic? It doesn't say much to have an offer that converts well with warm traffic (referrals and affiliate traffic). Once you have an offer that is converting well with cold traffic, you can start to consider scaling it up, since it basically at that point should be a pure investment (if I put money in, I make some profit). I've been on Jonathan Mizel's beta program for Traffic Evolution for the past six months as he's been releasing the new modules. You should sign up on the waiting list so when it opens to the public you can get a top notch education on how to get started. (It's a really solid marketing education, not just quick hitting tactics) Trying to sell affiliate offers via media buys can work but it's basically a losing game since too many people can see what's working and just make the money for themselves and cut you out.. (What's to stop them?)

kingde, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  6. bobestes

bobestes Member

Best Answers:
    be careful with ppv. i noticed that if you dont show them big money you will not get any real traffic but just bots.
    i have used leadimpact and every hit from them was sent to my wp-login.php.
    now how the hell a visitor would think of typing it in the browser? there is no link to this on the site anywhere.

bobestes, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  7. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With media buys I was going to go strictly with CPA offers. Ive read on here that media buys with clickbank does't work that well. I just want to make sure I understand before jumping in.

kb24, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  8. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone know of a good ad network to start with? Ive already signed up with a couple of CPA networks.

kb24, Jan 27, 2014 IP