1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Meaning of Life - Please Review Web Page

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Mattheq, Nov 18, 2016.

I just started a new blog - wondered if you could have a quick look and provide thoughts, comments, criticism, suggestions.

Don't hold back.

www.meaningoflife.life

Thanks,

Matt

Mattheq, Nov 18, 2016 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You seem to insist, in more than one essay, that being in the right place at the right time (luck) is what contributes to one's success and wealth. It can, but I find it somewhat simplistic. The wealthy people I read about and personally know got their wealth through their hard work. By getting up at 4 am and going to bed well after midnight. By taking risks. By believing in themselves. And what about their incredible ability to get up and do it all over again after a major blow? Luck has very little to do with any of that.

I couldn't help but notice a certain worldview that your blog exudes. It would be refreshing if you would try to disengage your personal worldview (when it comes to politics and socioeconomics) and do unbiased journalism instead.

==================

I like your design. Easy to navigate. Everything seems to be where it's supposed to be. You may want to add a margin in your drop down menu for individual articles (They are bunched together. They need a margin around and between them).

qwikad.com, Nov 19, 2016 IP
  3. GjB

GjB Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Matt,

I'm not so good at design, but I understand the passion for creating content which we are personally into.

With a topic like the meaning of life, I suppose any kind of content is acceptable, and so too any kind of criticism. (If the meaning of life means to experience it all, or be authentic and true to oneself, etc.)

It would be nice to know your intentions with the site, so that we might give a more concentrated opinion.*

It depends who we all are, I suppose (including yourself), but if I were contemplating the meaning of life, I might be in the mood to be instantly uplifted and inspired, as opposed to a large banner showing a war torn building, and animal rights posts (read on). On the other hand, my troubled times might also be balanced to know that life is challenging in so many ways, and that struggle really is part of the process of life.

I'm not a fan of enter buttons, it's just one more step and rule which makes me contemplate the meaning of life. But I do like the look of the page that yours takes us to. I also prefer to see lots of options which I can choose from (like that second page) instead of the large banner at the top of the front page which is almost programming my mind like a news article, as opposed to giving me a choice to be happy, which might be why I'm at your site.

On the subject of happy (possibly linked to the meaning of life), it's a shame to find the `Happiness' category at the bottom of the 12 essay categories list, which is crowned by `Death'. I'm curious about that.

With a few small changes, I think it could be a great resource. It depends on what your intentions are, I think. Get people to think, get people to be happy, or simply get people to contemplate life..

I'm a 48 year old male originally from the UK, so I could be a good demographic for contemplating the meaning of life, sometimes. I'm also a vegan, but even I was surprised to see an animal rights kind of post for some reason.
    I love anything spiritual, and anything about out-of-body experiences, so it would be nice to see all of that truly uplifting stuff in plain site on your site.

There is lots of content for people to get their teeth into. Like I said, I'm not so good at design, but I'm not sure if the logo or title font could be improved. More experienced members can help more, with all of this I expect.
    Don't forget the babes, and cars, and motorbike categories. Those banners take up a lot of room. A search box on the front page would be cool, and nearer the top on the second page, too.
    Here's an idea of what it looks like on mobile. http://www.responsinator.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.meaningoflife.life

*Losing the banner and enlarging the `Short, sharp, insightful essays based on the latest research' would help visitors more quickly understand the mission of the site.
    (I'm not sure what the latest research equals to.)

2 cents.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    GjB, Nov 20, 2016 IP