1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

McCain will Be at the Debate - Even with no deal struck.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by GeorgeB., Sep 26, 2008.

1. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Palin has been in the news because she is 'news' Biden however has given more interviews and the like. I forgot the numbers, a few hours ago though on CNN they broadcast the numbers of each. I think that's the station, that is what's on now in any event.

GRIM, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  2. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Who cares how many interviews he has given if no one cares what he has to say (except for the hilarious Bushism's)? Lets be honest, the only VP candidate that has had a positive impact on their campaign in this race is Palin. She is obviously doing what she needs to do to be an asset to the McCain/Palin ticket. If that means that she needs to step aside and let McCain take the reigns, so be it. I think Biden would be well served to do the same. :)

PHPGator, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  3. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So your view is who cares on substance, who cares on experience, who cares on anything more than face value to help each candidate out?

No you didn't state this, but that's what it comes off to.

Palin is getting a lot of coverage now that is not 'good' BTW from my viewing and reading.

I will agree I don't see much on Biden at all, shouldn't that be blaming the 'bias' media as usually done?

GRIM, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  4. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    GRIM, we also know most of the media is primarily a left-wing industry. Sure she is getting some bad publicity. CNN and the likes are appealing to their viewers by trying to stop the damage that has already been done (a 20 point swing to Republicans by white women voters and strengthening of the conservatives). I'm not surprised by this, but polls have spoken for themselves after she was picked up.

I just want to make note that I realize that the economy has hurt the Republicans in the polls as of lately though.

5. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I honestly don't agree on the media being primarily 'left wing' I find that more to be a crutch for others to whine about IMHO.

I see plenty of right wingers on the news I watch, I also used to watch Fox religiously.

---Yes 'after' she was picked up, some of that 'shine' though has appeared to be tarnished when people find out many of the items they were fed were total BS about her.

GRIM, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  6. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    PHP, I said it earlier: She is getting bad publicity because she's said virtually nothing to the public, outside of canned speeches. When she has faced something that was unscripted, she has horribly blown it. And it can't be a left wing media thing, when Ed Rollins himself says the same thing, quite clearly.

northpointaiki, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  7. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Who cares about Ed Rollins? You keep bringing him up as if he holds some merit in this campaign.

8. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I bring it up as a guy who doesn't come from the left wing, who has been an activist Republican, who managed a Republican's campaign during the primary, and who has spoken what seems to me to be the truth regarding the blackout on Palin, and how she's performed in her spare outings. I thought it might be useful to see it isn't just Obamaphiles or Democratic operatives who see this. You're free to ignore him, PHP.

Edited to add: PHP, this thread moved to a new page, and I didn't see your earlier post, asking why I refer to Ed Rollins. Sorry, didn't intend on ignoring your question, just didn't see it, until now. The above is my response - he comes from outside the "Obama" or "left" circle, so I think it's potentially instructive. Much like Buchanan's comments last night, in which he described McCain as having painted himself into a box over his actions this week. These guys have nothing to win by hurting McCain, and helping McCain, so if they're saying something along the lines I've been talking, it might prove instructive, that's all. Hope that clarifies.

9. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I may have seen the same numbers, Grim. I recall it was something like 90+ interviews given by Biden, whereas Sarah Palin has given almost none. And he is known to a good many people, Palin is not, and she was brought in just hours before the RNC, in what seems to me to be a kind of 11th hour surprise. With a matter of spare weeks only to go, I have an issue with that.

10. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    McCain has missed 412 of 643 Senate votes in the current Congress. Since April 8, he has missed 109 out of 110 votes.

It is hard to spin those facts. The "suspension" of his campaign was so transparently political.

browntwn, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  11. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    I posted this earlier: McCain has missed more votes than any other Senator in this session, at least according to the Washington Post data:

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/110/senate/vote-missers/

I agree with your conclusion, Brown. I think that not only was he trying to cool the momentum for Obama, he was trying to buy time for Palin, since he wanted to postpone tonight's debate and have it take place at the slot reserved for next week's VP debate. Disappointing, from McCain.

12. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    this is going to be one intresting debate. Mccain has to show he is superior to Obama. If not Obama wins. a draw is win for obama.

pizzaman, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  13. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    You guys getting the popcorn ready? This is so awesome. I love politics!

LogicFlux, Sep 26, 2008 IP
  14. jkjazz

jkjazz Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm OK, Sorry.

Nothing a couple of beers wouldn't cure.

:eek:

jkjazz, Sep 26, 2008 IP